FPS HELP! please

talset

Jan 15, 2022
I got a new pc and currently I am bottle necked under 30fps in the game. checked my card and monitors to make sure everything is updated and that the FPS is set at 144fps but so far I'm unable to get more frames. Currently I have a i9-14900kf, Nvidia 4080 super, 64bg of DDR5 6000mhz. This is a big upgrade from my last pc but its running it worse and i cant figure out why, if anyone could lend some help i'd be grateful

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I recommend first making sure your drivers are updated (sounds like you have) and verifying your install

talset

Jan 15, 2022
yeah first thing i did was make sure all updates were done, I turned off vsynce, I made sure my monitors were set to the correct refresh rate. I checked the nvidia control panel to make sure it wasn't capped. I ran Dxdiag to make sure everything was reporting correctly. Checked to make sure all Ram was reporting correctly. Everything is installed on a nvme m.2. I has everything set to low in game and running the frame generating and DLSS.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Not saying this is the root cause nor that it will fix the problem, but another thing you might want to do is check for any signs of thermal throttling. Too much heat might force the system to dial back the performance.