Forum Revival? A pondering from yours truly.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Hey all, those left on these dusty walkways anyway.

I used to love the forums. I used them aggressively in the first game, and quite a bit in the dawn of this title.
I miss them so. The increased effort into presentation, articulation, and the preservation of our words make communicating here desirable.
I am thinking, for me and my small guild, that I may push for a bit of a revival. To come back, and encourage my members to do the same.

How many of you are around?
Do you think, yourself, it would be worth it?

I know the developers have all but abandoned them, see simply the update threads here, but more so for us as players to have fun or be constructive (or even fight, in a more respectful and constructed way).

I await your opinion(s) aptly, though patiently.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Discord is good for one liners but for anyone that wants to actually state or read a full coherent thought there is no substitute for the forums. It's sad the ADD Tik Tok kids of today can't be bothered to read or write more than 10 words at a time...

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Still here. It's true that the forums has quietened down quite a bit in recent times, not what it used to be back a couple of years ago.

I think if Henrik and Seb were on here and interacted with us more often we might see a forum revival overnight.

I'm still planning to write more unofficial lore and role-play stories. Hopefully they will do the next feature poll here on the forums, too.

Reactions: Nefnate

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
super dirty laughing reply from beord haha.

Yo, we in here!! It's just the way the world has gone, though. I just really think discord is lame because they have so much control over it, and forums seem to have a history.

I also agree it's sad that nobody other than ROB, of the SV people, posts here. I just think it's a different game now.

It's harder to write stories about doing tasks and raising your mastery! :eek:

But even when I am like yea nah on MO stuff, I always swing by here. I have a few forums I go to that have changed, but the people who are left are still cool. Mostly I'd like to see all the names I sometimes see on the 'online' list make a post. Shit I wouldn't care if people were talking about their lives. THIS USED TO BE A COMMUNITY.

Marchioro

Mar 25, 2024
Well, I'm currently not in my better state of satisfaction with Mortal... There are about 11 posts I need to make before leaving, but I'm stalling due to lack of motivation with the game. As everyone here said, if you want to have some kind of "real" discussion there is no alternative for forums. However, be aware that it seems the most effective way to be listened in this game is calling a group of friends and crying every single day in discord, with no room for discussion, just pure shit talk and sarcasm.. Then just wait a few months and SV will attend (nerf) your demands.

I almost forgot, another good option is trying to get "content creator" tag in discord, and even if you don't actually play MO2, or make significant or frequent online content, you'll be like above of those who literally play the game. Your opinion will be better than everyone else, and other must feel grateful for your presence. You'll have access to hiding question and answering channels in discord and better contact with SV.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hey all, those left on these dusty walkways anyway.

I used to love the forums. I used them aggressively in the first game, and quite a bit in the dawn of this title.
I miss them so. The increased effort into presentation, articulation, and the preservation of our words make communicating here desirable.
I am thinking, for me and my small guild, that I may push for a bit of a revival. To come back, and encourage my members to do the same.

How many of you are around?
Do you think, yourself, it would be worth it?

I know the developers have all but abandoned them, see simply the update threads here, but more so for us as players to have fun or be constructive (or even fight, in a more respectful and constructed way).

I await your opinion(s) aptly, though patiently.
No meaningful politics. Why come on the forums?

No need to come and boast about being the Grand Eternal Admiral of the Flaming Porcupine, when its take 10000 gold and 48 hrs to siege a donkey shed.

• Sad

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Well, I'm currently not in my better state of satisfaction with Mortal... There are about 11 posts I need to make before leaving, but I'm stalling due to lack of motivation with the game. But as everyone here said, if you want to have some kind of "real" discussion there is no alternative for forums. However, be aware that it seems the most effective way to be listened in this game is calling a group of friends and crying every single day in discord, with no room for disscusion, just pure shit talk and sarcasm.. Then just wait a few months and SV will attend (nerf) your demands.

I almost forgot, another good option is trying to get "content creator" tag in discord, and even if you don't actually play MO2, or make significant or frequent online content, you'll be like above of those who literally play the game. Your opinion will be better than everyone else, and other must feel grateful for your presence. You'll have access to hiding question and answering channels in discord and better contact if SV.

I'm not saying it would work, but I think if we got a lot of the people who are dissatisfied to join together and show how many people there were and prove that we agree on a lot of things that could easily be changed, that they might rethink stuff.

Even people who are playing are dissatisfied with a lot of parts, SV just think they will stay. They won't, not in the end, once it starts to bleed out, it will continue until it's a very dead game. It's already pretty dead, a game of mostly sweat lords. The pop is due to the amount of space to sweat it up. You can live and just farm your own mobs / defend them from smallscale. Zzz.

I don't have the energy to yell atm, but I am always right here for when it's time to talk sense into SV. Lemme know where to write my name haha.