first character, stats do not seem to line up with various guides, has something changed in recent patches?

breaktwister

Aug 17, 2023
New to the game and trying to follow build guide for Dex Footie from here: https://mortaldata.com/?character=4253658260483080192

I messed up the height as there was no way for me to select 184cm, from memory I picked 84 size but ended up as 170cm in game which I understand will gimp my strength. Ok, I can live with one mistake.

However, my stats for Intelligence and Psyche are much higher than they should be, 74/94 int and 43/104 Psyche whereas build says 14 and 62! in the creation screen I could not reduce intelligence below 25. Why is my max Psyche so high?

I seen some video that said these stats can be changed manually in game, to have a high intelligence for leveling books but then reduce it later but I do not see any way to do this. Has something changed in the game in recent weeks, or have I messed up my build? I am only 10hrs in so would rather go back and start again if the build is badly gimped.

One final question, my sprinting seems SLOW and this is supposed to be a Dex build! I have leveled sprinting to 100 and wearing quality leather, surely I should be able to run faster or does all sprinting seem slow in this game?

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Sprinting is slow af, even with Alvarin speed buffs. You are gonna need a mount for most movement.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
CharacterSheet.JPG
You can marke attributes a "down" by clicking on the + icon next to the value.
Once your "Attribute Points", so the freely, not yet invested ones, are completely drained, the attributes marked with - will decline, while those with + will rise, until they reach the cap.
The min attribute level is 10. You can't drop below that.

Some weights have also impact on the character stats. E.g. "stout" increases strength by 5, while reducing dex by 5.

As long as your max attribute points are similar to your build everything is fine. Some characters have clade gifts, that increase the cap of certain attributes. E.g. "Long Life" is important for Alvarins.

Reactions: breaktwister

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
foot speed is much different than MO1. Even with all the athletic skills maxed the difference between 100 dex and 123 dex is much smaller than it used to be. While it is faster, you will not be able to just burn away from other players. It more of a gradual pulling away.

Stats can be increased or decreased at will and there are even trinkets that will let you got beyond the top caps, as wells as the bonuses from your weight. So there is a lot of tweaking you can do with those.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I messed up the height as there was no way for me to select 184cm, from memory I picked 84 size but ended up as 170cm in game which I understand will gimp my strength. Ok, I can live with one mistake.
If you don't want to re-roll your character to change the height, once you get out of Haven, you could buy growth food to increase your height permanently.