Earthquake bugged?

ZwierQ

Jan 9, 2022
I dont know if its intended or bugged. Earthquake spell dismounts people with any damage. Even if people have full balance -> knockdown resistance any hit by this spell just dismounts them. With both skills maxed out 50 pure blunt damage is needed to dismount someone so why it does not apply to earthquake (50 damage from eq to dismount someone with both at 100)? Another thing is it hits through magic reflect and doesnt remove it. With all above you basicly have 100% chance to dismount someone and than you just need to remove his magic reflect with another spell or, even better, letting your melees to kill your target during new animation. I think its a bug and it should be fixed asap.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
balance -> knockdown resistance counts only for melee. it prevent you getting dismounted from other mounted combat players.

ZwierQ

Jan 9, 2022
Balance skill description:
Increases the ability to maintain balance when performing feats of agility or resisting an impact. This training develops the sensory-motor skills used to maintain gravitational center. A higher skill slightly decreases knockback distance.
Knockdown resistance description:
Increases the ability to remain standing while enduring heavy impacts. This training increases kinesthetic and impact prediction abilities. A higher skill increases the chance of avoiding a knock down.
There is no word about dmg type. From the other hand it is saying that it "increases ability to remain standing while enduring heavy impacts". Eartquake sounds like heavy impact to me.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Balance skill description:

Knockdown resistance description:

There is no word about dmg type. From the other hand it is saying that it "increases ability to remain standing while enduring heavy impacts". Eartquake sounds like heavy impact to me.
They need to update the descriptions. Players invest time and find out that the skill doesn't do what it promises. If I remember correctly, balance only worked against melee weapons in MO1.

Next stream we should tell Henrick to open the Forum and read through the suggestions and reply to it XD

Piet

May 28, 2020
I dont know if its intended or bugged. Earthquake spell dismounts people with any damage. Even if people have full balance -> knockdown resistance any hit by this spell just dismounts them. With both skills maxed out 50 pure blunt damage is needed to dismount someone so why it does not apply to earthquake (50 damage from eq to dismount someone with both at 100)? Another thing is it hits through magic reflect and doesnt remove it. With all above you basicly have 100% chance to dismount someone and than you just need to remove his magic reflect with another spell or, even better, letting your melees to kill your target during new animation. I think its a bug and it should be fixed asap.
This is intended. Always how it's worked and confirmed by SV as intended. It's the one way mages have any chance vs mounted who are OP anyways.