Dynamic server nodes - a possible fix ?

Jan 28, 2022
Someone on this forum wrote, that the map is running on 7 server nodes and the problems are caused by certain nodes getting over crowded. I assumed that this is correct, and I assume these nodes are static since there are issues. My solution is probably not an easy fix on the coding side of things, but I think it might be possible ?

I guess this might require some extra server capacity, or maybe it could be allocated from less crowded nodes. Anyways, here goes:

Let's say a server node is running fine with approximately 1000 people on it. Now 500 more people log in, and it starts to get a bit crowded. Couldn't you dynamically split the node in 2, 4 or even 8 pieces and allocate more free server nodes to the over crowded areas ?

Sain

Jan 29, 2022
The dynamic allocation of node is a High end tech. Quite separate from the profile of game developer.

It is like asking the company to also build the game engine rather than using a licensed one like unreal engine. And again not the same skill set at all.

It is already existing though here, a link toward my post about it with video showing the tech. Maybe they can accept to sell the tech they developed. But the tech was lead developed by their CEO with a PhD in AI... (don't be afraid, they have done good server tech but a bad game-play but still 4 000 player on a single shard).