Do second-hand stolen items give a sort of invisible criminal status?

ric_anders

Apr 5, 2021
So my friend looted a gray bag and picked up a spear that had the stolen marker on it. He then wandered around town without the criminal debuff, without guards attacking, but players could attack him without issue. I wanted to see if the name tag was gray or blue, but I'm a guildie and there's a 1 hour timer to leave guild.

EDIT: He logged out and logged back in. Now he had active the Criminal debuff with a timer, guards attacked him. He ran out the timer and it fixed.

Last edited:

Felurial

Apr 30, 2021
So my friend looted a gray bag and picked up a spear that had the stolen marker on it. He then wandered around town without the criminal debuff, without guards attacking, but players could attack him without issue. I wanted to see if the name tag was gray or blue, but I'm a guildie and there's a 1 hour timer to leave guild.

EDIT: He logged out and logged back in. Now he had active the Criminal debuff with a timer, guards attacked him. He ran out the timer and it fixed.
It’s glitched rn I think. Yes. It gives you a hidden and semi permanent criminal status, even after resurrecting it was still there. Only way to get it to actually count down and go away is to re-log and then let the timer go down once it appears on login.