Camping Bakti Node Lines

Nocandoo

Jan 29, 2022
I reported back in May 2022 that players killed around the node line coming out of Bakti could not report murderers, certain groups were taking advantage of this. Tonight a group of three were camping this same spot and murdered me, so I reported to GM'S again this was an exploit.
To my surprise despite these players regularly camping this area, the gm's response was we cannot prove this was an exploit?
The game mechanic is if you murder a player indiscriminately there is consequences ie murder counts, if you should choose knowingly to abuse this game mechanic by choosing to curcuma navigate it by camping a broken node area then by choice you are abusing/exploiting a game mechanic.
Lead GM has reportedly backed up the gm starfire's evaluation of the situation not being an exploit.
I only returned to the game ten days ago after a two month break as I genuinely missed the game.
This has reminded me why I stopped playing in the first place.
I do not blame the people who are using this mechanic to there advantage I blame the game for being broken and the gm's for doing nothing about it.
I am out again but may return one day.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I get your frustation. Even so it wouldnt change much though. Since murdercounts dont really hinder your gameplay much. They would still camp and kill you.
But i agree. This should really be counting as an exploit. I guess they dont count because they themselves have no idea why this is happening. And its hard to proove that the campers do it on purpose.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This happens all over the map by the way. Happened to me many times. It sucks i know but its just one other bug to deal with. In the end, like Dom said, murder counts have a laughable penalty anyways.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It happens so often and in so many places, I doubt it has to do with the node line, or that people are using a node line. More likely it is just a good place to ambush.

Reactions: Rhias

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
So you died in cursed pass which is notoriously patrolled and now your crying and threatening to quit. Just go.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
So you died in cursed pass which is notoriously patrolled and now your crying and threatening to quit. Just go.
Not exactly. He is complaining that the murder count mechanic in this game is buggy AF and doesnt work half the time. Its a pretty important basic mechanic.

Perfectly valid complain. Fix your damn basic functions before you add new stuff SV.

Mad Jugger

Aug 8, 2022
Not exactly. He is complaining that the murder count mechanic in this game is buggy AF and doesnt work half the time. Its a pretty important basic mechanic.

Perfectly valid complain. Fix your damn basic functions before you add new stuff SV.
I know you have played since the first game. Your last sentence you know is not going to happen

Reactions: Gnidex

DeborahLove

May 1, 2023
I reported back in May 2022 that players killed around the node line coming out of Bakti could not report murderers, certain groups were taking advantage of this. Tonight a group of three were camping this same spot and murdered me, so I reported to GM'S again this was an exploit.
To my surprise despite these players regularly camping this area, the gm's response was we cannot prove this was an exploit?
The game mechanic is if you murder a player indiscriminately there is consequences ie murder counts, if you should choose knowingly to abuse this game mechanic by choosing to curcuma navigate it by camping a broken node area then by choice you are abusing/exploiting a game mechanic.
Lead GM has reportedly backed up the gm starfire's evaluation of the situation not being an exploit.
I only returned to the game ten days ago after a two month break as I genuinely missed the game.
This has reminded me why I stopped playing in the first place.
I do not blame the people who are using this mechanic to there advantage I blame the game for being broken and the gm's for doing nothing about it.
I am out again but may return one day.
While it's ultimately up to the game developers to address and fix any broken mechanics, it's the responsibility of the GMs to enforce the rules and ensure fair play. It's understandable to feel disappointed when they don't take action, especially when it seems like there's clear evidence of an exploit being used.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to continue playing the game or take a break from it. It's important to prioritize your own enjoyment and well-being, and if the game is causing frustration or negative experiences, it may be best to step away for a while.