Bounty Hunting Suggestions (Buyable, Loot-able,Trade-able ,Share-able,Stackable )

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
Bounty Hunting Suggestions (Buyable, Loot-able,Trade-able ,Share-able,Stackable )

Hello Mortals,

I think the bounty hunting system is great and I like it a lot as another way to play the game. It feels like a profession which I think is fitting for a sandbox game with choices.

I think this could be expanded upon into something more interactive and player driven with some key additions/tweaks.

Lots of bits and pieces here I want to touch on so hopefully I can do so in a fairly coherent manner as I think what I will describe in this post when connected can add layers of depth to the experience that we don’t see yet.

1. The first big change I would make is that bounties are not a soul bound item that will disappear on death and can not be traded.

2. In my opinion bounty contracts should be tradable as soon as you purchase them.

3. A blue player can not trade bounties with a criminal.

4. The number of bounty’s that are produced in total should match the number of murder counts of a player. 300 murder counts = 300 bounties available on the individual.

5. Players should have a choice to buy multiple bounties at a time for more or less gold

6. Starting point to purchase a 1x bounty should be 50silver

7. More gold should give you more difficult targets

8. The rewards for killing a high murder count player should be higher at its base and a low murder count player would be far less.

9. BOUNTIES STACK if you have 5 bounties for the same person the contract for that person should be 5x

10. When purchasing bounties you can increase the bounty stack size and it will send you after criminals with higher murder counts for more gold.

11. You can sell bounties on the marketplace/separate new marketplace.

12. Now that bounties do not disappear hunters should have to pay an upkeep on them proportional to the size of the stack, larger stacks (higher murder count players)cost more money. This is to prevent hoarding bounties.

13. Bounties don’t just vanish on death

14. YOU CAN SHARE contracts that you have multiples of by adding their name to the contract, they could then accept this or decline this like a trade.

15. Sharing a contract will distribute the reward equally between hunters

16. Bounties can also be combined with other players who have the same target if they want to.

17. A HUNTER KILLING THEIR TARGET should remove their murder counts proportionally to the number of contracts you have on them in your possession.

18. If I have stack of 50 contracts for the same player (a 50x contract) who is a mass murderer the. Killing them will remove 50 from their murder count.

19. Removing the murder counts from a player doesn’t help their reputation at all(at least not in blue cities)

20. If a red player turns in the contracts they loot off a player to a red npc they will get rewards from the contract proportional to the size of the stack.

21. This in turn will incentivize red players to want to be as careful as can be while growing a high murder count.

——-

The way this should function at the end of the day as I see it would be as follows:

Generally new players and people who are only interested In dipping their feet into bounty hunting will spend small amounts on a few small bounties to go after low level criminals.

Some players will instead buy up bounties in search of duplicates / stacks that will be worth more to players who are more interested bounty hunting as a primary profession. This also makes the distribution of these contracts more dynamic as players will have the ability to receive bounties anywhere in the world that the player broker is willing to sell them and they will have the opportunity to get more information on the contract before it’s purchased(solves the issue of taking a bounty that is far far away)

More veteran bounty hunters on the other hand who more interested in bounties as their main source of entertainment will instead be given a far deeper system and have a lot more time plan out their hunts as it will be advantageous for them to collect contracts on the person or persons who they are hunting while growing their reward they will gain in the process.

There will be a skill in not just fighting and tracking the target but also with the process of getting information about the target.

These players will have tools to trade contracts and in turn pay other hunters/ player bounty brokers for more “information” (a larger stack of contracts) on a target they are hunting for a much higher reward.

When hunting criminals with high murder counts hunters will be able to seek out more contracts on those people in order to not just increase rewards but also to increase the number of people they can have hunting the same target as well.

If the hunter knows a person is in a large guild they will know that in order to ensure they get the job done and don’t lose the gold they invest they will need help from a lot of people. This player will certainly want to spend the time acquiring as many contracts on this person as possible so the reward is worth

As stated above I think murder counts should be taken off criminals if they are slain by a hunter proportionally to the hunters contracts.

The hunted player will want to grow their murder counts to increase the reward they will receive for fighting off the person/people that come for them. Maybe this could tie into the assassin system in the future in some way as well.

———

That’s it for now, I hope people get the just of my suggestions here and I’m sure there are holes in some things so feel free to give thoughts/feedback.

Might sound more complex then I think it would need to be coming from me in this format, simply put the idea is basically the title of the post, everything else is just me trying to paint a picture of how it might look in game.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
You could also look at this suggestion like this:

Each criminal is like a stock and their murder count is like a share, players can trade/combine their bounty shares with one an other to make profit/increase rewards.