Beautiful game but...

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This games PVE, and new player experience, are insane levels of ass. I have like 5 clade gifts because I just don't feel like wasting my time on the boring 0 fun PVE to get more. Being a new player who cant craft and cant do anything, solo, is virtually unplayable. Solo bandit farming on foot is complete aids and never worth doing at most spawns. Its farm Gy until you get bored and quit. Which many new players have done.

Yet for some reason they designed the map to hold 10k lmao... So its just a giants dead empty sandbox wit ha few grains of sand in it.
Totally agree. Bandits were almost perfect before they added the insane grouping mechanic where they always bring half the camp with them.

They were perfect medium level content for solo players. Something a solo player could progress to after the graveyard. Challenging and fun, but not as hard as risars.

Now they are completely impossible solo especially with Veterans, unless you are an MA in which case everything becomes super easy.

So solo players have 3 choices: farm graveyard, farm animals, or roll an MA. So stupid.

Reactions: Gnidex and Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Totally agree. Bandits were almost perfect before they added the insane grouping mechanic where they always bring half the camp with them.

They were perfect medium level content for solo players. Something a solo player could progress to after the graveyard. Challenging and fun, but not as hard as risars.

Now they are completely impossible solo especially with Veterans, unless you are an MA in which case everything becomes super easy.

So solo players have 3 choices: farm graveyard, farm animals, or roll an MA. So stupid.
The game is so focused on trying to be a 'group game' that it forgets that solo players need to play the game and not quit to be able to join a group.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
With all respect - could you explain to a plain mind like mine - what the reason designed the game to make the players quit?

The game not only has many 'quit' moments, losing all of your items due to players, npcs, bugs, etc. Also the 'endgame' right now is basically to pk enemies until they get mad enough to quit. When your game encourages you to make others quit and or quit due to losing all your items I would say that the game is practically designed to make players quit. It is what it is though, I'm not saying it's 'bad' it's just not for everyone, I think 99% of people quit after suffering a major setback

Reactions: Jatix

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
It takes like 20 minutes to farm enough fur/molarium in Toxai/MK area to make or buy enough gear that is 4x better than vendor gear to last you a week of deaths. The main issue is new players not knowing that and thinking that the garbage vendor gear is sufficient for doing anything.

IMO SV should extend the tutorial beyond Haven a bit so new players aren't so directionless. Like when new players first spawn in Myrland give them a mission that directs them to a random nearby horse spawn to tame a horse, then a random nearby material farming spot to farm some mats, then direct them to the crafting stations or trade broker to craft some gear or sell their mats / buy some gear.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
MO SV should extend the tutorial beyond Haven a bit so new players aren't so directionless. Like when new players first spawn in Myrland give them a mission that directs them to a random nearby horse spawn to tame a horse, then a random nearby material farming spot to farm some mats, then direct them to the crafting stations or trade broker to craft some gear or sell their mats / buy some gear.
Not tutorial is the problem in this game only players.

The truth is that the criminal system in Mortal 2 is too weak and stronger players hunt weak ones with impunity.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
too hard, too difficult.

As a newcomer to TOXAI from Heaven headed to the nearest bandit-camp. Got killed by one of the wolves. Naked with only small axe was struggling to hit a small pig. I can forgive errors, it's a fresh MMO.
Earned 2g for a spear and naked came back to bandits. Killed by another player with a great black bear.
Came back to bandits again, struggling to kill casters or struggling to take them singly. 2-bandits on me = death.

I am in the starting location. Bandits are far away and very hard to kill one, not saying about two. Ok, that's the rule but in my opinion, many players will bounce off of it. Bounce off of this game.

Give you an example:
We "do not have" a map in the game but we have a map on the internet. So what does it mean - it means that we have a map but to access it we have to press alt-tab and view it in an inconvenient way instead of pressing "m".
If you are still interested in playing and still in Toxai, they have added a graveyard in Toxai, which will help be a stepping stone to fighting multiple bandits.

As far as bandits being too far away -- Toxai is unique in that it is a long ride out of town. Maybe you could move to Morin Khur if that is too annoying.

Regarding fighting multiple bandits, there are some areas near Toxai where you can pull single bandits. The camps are a bit tougher, but in a few places in the forest/bamboo you can find wandering solo bandits.

If you can make it past the first hurdle without quitting, I find the game very rewarding.