Alchemy - Vials and Alchemy Table UI

Storvar

Apr 6, 2021
An idea for an improvement of the Alchemy table UI, allowing measuring of potions into the used vials: simply a slider to determine how full the slotted potion vials should be filled. This would allow easier potion batch making of 1/15, 10/15, 20/40, 30/40, etc. with recipes (especially with Alvarin alchemist clade, where making a single 10/15 potion is effectively impossible, but this could allow easy batch making of such without resorting to the like of making 25pu to fill a 15/15 and 10/15.) An alchemist should be able to measure out their produced liquid. Future glassblowing profession may give different vial sizes, though from what I've seen of such vials from the original game they don't include 10, 20 or 30 Potion unit vials which are better 'fits' for character Thirst levels with the oghmir clade and the potion utilization skill.

1660398752122.png

Reactions: Xunila

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
An idea for an improvement of the Alchemy table UI, allowing measuring of potions into the used vials: simply a slider to determine how full the slotted potion vials should be filled. This would allow easier potion batch making of 1/15, 10/15, 20/40, 30/40, etc. with recipes (especially with Alvarin alchemist clade, where making a single 10/15 potion is effectively impossible, but this could allow easy batch making of such without resorting to the like of making 25pu to fill a 15/15 and 10/15.) An alchemist should be able to measure out their produced liquid. Future glassblowing profession may give different vial sizes, though from what I've seen of such vials from the original game they don't include 10, 20 or 30 Potion unit vials which are better 'fits' for character Thirst levels with the oghmir clade and the potion utilization skill.

View attachment 4733
The potion outcome and amount of líquid is directly proportional to the amount of materials in the actual recipe. How You make 10 or 15 potion units is measurable in materials, decimal variations Will occurr depending on the amount. How this was fixed in MO1 was that you could buy kegs of 1000pu and you could just make whatever quantity without being bothered with a shitty vial pu cap.

Vial crafting and kegs are a must, otherwise alchemy is a very shitty crafting profession.

Storvar

Apr 6, 2021
The game calculates the amount of potion you create (basically, based on the total quantity of those ingredients with 'alchemical weight' (as its come to be known to most) in your recipe, 11-20 AW gives back 1 pu, 21-30 AW gives back 2 pu, 101-110 AW gives back 10 pu, 401-410 AW gives back 400 pu, etc.)

When making batches (you can make up to 10 potions at once), the game fills the vials in turn, with anything surplus in the final vial. If you made a recipe which would create 300pu, and put in 10 medium vials (holding up to 40pu each), you would get back seven filled (40/40), one half filled (20/40), and two empty vials, rather than 10 vials filled equally at 30/40.

An alvarin with the alchemist clade could use my suggestion to say make a recipe for 91pu (+10% = 100.1pu, rounded down to 100pu), to fill ten minor vials at 10/15 in a batch. They can't make a single 10/15 potion (9pu = 9.9pu rounded down to 9pu again, or 10pu = 11 pu, which for most with 10 Thirst leaves a rather uselss tiny sip.)

Kegs are definitely something to look forward to though!

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I see what you mean, there needs to be k gs and the ability to measure the amount of potion units u wanna move from one vial to another, and in the alchemical creation, yeah definitely.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Kegs and something like the combine skill from MO1 are really needed in MO2! Everybody should be able to fill small amounts from a keg with up 1000 PU into vials witgh 15 or 40 PU. Recently I crafted 20 vials for a guild mate who got problems to put all of them into the bank. Why can't I simply craft all the potions into one keg, send the keg via veredari and let another player use two slots in his bank to store the keg and a bunch of empty vials?

Reactions: Najwalaylah