Again, On Trinkets and RMT:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline2/comments/1cu99yz
So I made this poll on Reddit, and it didn't get much response. I would say overall that the sites about the game are getting less popular. Some might say that it's because "People are just playing the game and not talking!" but I don't know.

Regardless, I wondered if someone would address the premise: that Trinkets are the driver of RMT in this game. They give people the incentive to farm 24/7 because it is the most high yield, soulbound item. I believe that trinkets being removed or heavily nerfed would improve a lot, especially game balance and removing those who are doing everything that they can to obtain trinkets and sell them.

Yes, we have gone over this before, but I noticed people's stance has softened now that they seem to realize RMT is more serious than they thought. I wonder what the result would be if there was an in game poll on it. Even + / - people who are actually RMT-ing I bet a large percentage of people playing with sacrifice them in order to rid the game of such riff-raff.

Thoughts?

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline2/comments/1cu99yz
So I made this poll on Reddit, and it didn't get much response. I would say overall that the sites about the game are getting less popular. Some might say that it's because "People are just playing the game and not talking!" but I don't know.

Regardless, I wondered if someone would address the premise: that Trinkets are the driver of RMT in this game. They give people the incentive to farm 24/7 because it is the most high yield, soulbound item. I believe that trinkets being removed or heavily nerfed would improve a lot, especially game balance and removing those who are doing everything that they can to obtain trinkets and sell them.

Yes, we have gone over this before, but I noticed people's stance has softened now that they seem to realize RMT is more serious than they thought. I wonder what the result would be if there was an in game poll on it. Even + / - people who are actually RMT-ing I bet a large percentage of people playing with sacrifice them in order to rid the game of such riff-raff.

Thoughts?
I think they are "the most RMTed item" but not the driving force behind RMT.
That being said. Yes, please nerf the goddamn gems, since some of the effects are downright busted.
Why do I think trinkets aren't the driver of RMT? Coz its sweatlords who are willing to do almost everything to "win". Every feature will be exploited until its nerfed and if some especially victory-obsessed kids start losing, they will cheat and they will RMT. I mean it does take a special kind of idiot to buy a 300dollar microtransaction in the first place.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
That being said. Yes, please nerf the goddamn gems, since some of the effects are downright busted.
Why do I think trinkets aren't the driver of RMT? Coz its sweatlords who are willing to do almost everything to "win". Every feature will be exploited until its nerfed and if some especially victory-obsessed kids start losing, they will cheat and they will RMT. I mean it does take a special kind of idiot to buy a 300dollar microtransaction in the first place.
RMT drives itself. As more people purchase gold and spend it ingame, the more everything goes up in price. The more everything goes up, the more gold you need and the more RMTing becomes the only way to keep up with inflation.

The farming spots aren't giving more gold. The dungeons aren't producing more gold. The ore nodes aren't giving more ore. People aren't farming 5 times more than before…if anything there are LESS players which should translate into less demand….but somehow “someone” is still paying the exorbitant prices.

The only thing “making” loads of gold is buying and re-selling on the broker. But who is paying all these ridiculous prices? People that have stacks and stacks of RMT money.

SVs knows full well who those people that RMT are. Its not hard to figure out which accounts farm non stop and then consistently “lose” stacks of gold to “getting ganked” (agreed upon transfer by fake gank). They know full well. They just dont care, or at least didnt care early enough. Now its too late. Too much of it in game already.

Trinkets should have never been unlootable. They should have made them drop once the charges are used up.

Last edited:

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
RMT drives itself. As more people purchase gold and spend it ingame, the more everything goes up in price. The more everything goes up, the more gold you need and the more RMTing becomes the only way to keep up with inflation.

The farming spots aren't giving more gold. The dungeons aren't producing more gold. The ore nodes aren't giving more ore. People aren't farming 5 times more than before…if anything there are LESS players which should translate into less demand….but somehow “someone” is still paying the exorbitant prices.

The only thing “making” loads of gold is buying and re-selling on the broker. But who is paying all these ridiculous prices? People that have stacks and stacks of RMT money.

SVs knows full well who those people that RMT are. Its not hard to figure out which accounts farm non stop and then consistently “lose” stacks of gold to “getting ganked” (agreed upon transfer by fake gank). They know full well. They just dont care, or at least didnt care early enough. Now its too late. Too much of it in game already.

Trinkets should have never been unlootable. They should have made them drop once the charges are used up.
If SV knows who they are, they should just permaban them and delete their guilds assets. I also think a lot of gold must be duped right? It has to come from somewhere and I really dont see people making stacks of gold from NPC vendors or NPC mobs dropping that much gold.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If SV knows who they are, they should just permaban them and delete their guilds assets. I also think a lot of gold must be duped right? It has to come from somewhere and I really dont see people making stacks of gold from NPC vendors or NPC mobs dropping that much gold.
SV has never believed in harsh penalties. always soft on cheaters and exploiters. Even in MO1 ive seen the same dupers and cheater come back to the game time and time again. They get banned, go cry to the devs, and are let back in. Entire guilds that exploited for months and months just ignored. Too much fraternizing, favouritism and devs that are desperate for every sub they can get.

And yes RMTers most often than not use any exploit and dupe they can to farm as much gold as quickly as possible. Its a business after all. Where there are RMTers you can bet that there is duped/exploited stuff.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Yeah, the idea that there will always be RMT is true, but think about this: drops have a pure value. Say that you can farm x amount of gold at a time, you have a basic wage. The up and the down of that are not going to change much.

However, in regards to rare drops, you can potentially get one that is worth thousands of dollars. How many of those do you need a month to make it worthwhile? Thus, there is a carrot on the stick for them, TOO, which is good for SV (in a very shortsighted way,) and I believe guilds that farm 24/7 and RMT would not be nearly as inspired if they were not able to get such ridiculous drops that held such value in the game. Like you said, they are otherworldy OP.

RMT does drive itself, but what I meant is that the kind of RMT that is probably affecting MO is driven by trinkets because it's causing people to be in the game to make money. If dudes wanna play and sell stuff, well that's been happening, but now you can say there is a good chance each month I will make x off an omega rare drop, or if this month I didn't get any, maybe next month I will get two.

There will be dupers, there will be exploiters, and there will be RMT, but I really feel trinkets are the worst for that. If you were playing MO FOR REAL (I dunno who is, but some people are lool,) it makes sense to invest a certain amount of money if you can get the leetest dmg bonus etc. And there isn't an effective way to stop it.

Someone was posting on Reddit that 20% dmg isn't that much, that skill matters the most. I was like wait a min, if you take a stout max height veela vs a max height thur kall, you went from 13% to 33%... you just turned a veela into a thur kall. That is not balanced! And that's not taking into account all of the other things.

Mainly, I think the people who are camping the game would leave without trinkets because the gain would not be as high. Sure, they could sell gold and maybe they would, but I dunno if it would be worth it to *just* farm gold.

Reactions: Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah, the idea that there will always be RMT is true, but think about this: drops have a pure value. Say that you can farm x amount of gold at a time, you have a basic wage. The up and the down of that are not going to change much.

However, in regards to rare drops, you can potentially get one that is worth thousands of dollars. How many of those do you need a month to make it worthwhile? Thus, there is a carrot on the stick for them, TOO, which is good for SV (in a very shortsighted way,) and I believe guilds that farm 24/7 and RMT would not be nearly as inspired if they were not able to get such ridiculous drops that held such value in the game. Like you said, they are otherworldy OP.

RMT does drive itself, but what I meant is that the kind of RMT that is probably affecting MO is driven by trinkets because it's causing people to be in the game to make money. If dudes wanna play and sell stuff, well that's been happening, but now you can say there is a good chance each month I will make x off an omega rare drop, or if this month I didn't get any, maybe next month I will get two.

There will be dupers, there will be exploiters, and there will be RMT, but I really feel trinkets are the worst for that. If you were playing MO FOR REAL (I dunno who is, but some people are lool,) it makes sense to invest a certain amount of money if you can get the leetest dmg bonus etc. And there isn't an effective way to stop it.

Someone was posting on Reddit that 20% dmg isn't that much, that skill matters the most. I was like wait a min, if you take a stout max height veela vs a max height thur kall, you went from 13% to 33%... you just turned a veela into a thur kall. That is not balanced! And that's not taking into account all of the other things.

Mainly, I think the people who are camping the game would leave without trinkets because the gain would not be as high. Sure, they could sell gold and maybe they would, but I dunno if it would be worth it to *just* farm gold.
100% correct. And no, if the gold isnt duped there is NO WAY it would be worth it.
You wanna know how i got my mage up? (scrolls, books scribing, trinkets) I farmed Aloe Vera lol. Since buy orders in Meduli have them listed at 4s40c a piece ,thats 440g per stack. And i was always thinking...there is NO WAY this gold isnt duped. If you walk around half of wolf lake, youll have around 900 aloe vera every 5 to 7 minutes. Compare that to steel for example. The economy doesnt make sense at all, which in my mind is a pretty good indicator for loads of duped gold thats flooding the market. I think the most sophisticated RMTers will use duped gold and flux to buy badly rolled trinkets from the broker, spam rerolls and sell them for money.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
100% correct. And no, if the gold isnt duped there is NO WAY it would be worth it.
You wanna know how i got my mage up? (scrolls, books scribing, trinkets) I farmed Aloe Vera lol. Since buy orders in Meduli have them listed at 4s40c a piece ,thats 440g per stack. And i was always thinking...there is NO WAY this gold isnt duped. If you walk around half of wolf lake, youll have around 900 aloe vera every 5 to 7 minutes. Compare that to steel for example. The economy doesnt make sense at all, which in my mind is a pretty good indicator for loads of duped gold thats flooding the market. I think the most sophisticated RMTers will use duped gold and flux to buy badly rolled trinkets from the broker, spam rerolls and sell them for money.

haha, well, I dunno! I dunno how active the game is. That's an interesting situation because I've been in it. I used to have to get mats. Even with sophistication cooking, aloe was a great ingredient. I am assuming if people know how to use it in HoT food or HoT pots, it would be worth it.

I paid out the ass for mats, tho, even back then. Buy orders were cooler cuz I could put up one in sarducca and just wait on it. That's how I got a stack+ of aloe on my Mo1 acct just sitting cuz I did that.

Aloe breaks out at a high percentage as oil, too. It's almost 50%, or was in MO. It's def worth that. You think doing that shit is ripping someone off, but you get tired of gathering your own mats. I do think people have WAY more gold now than they did though due to the way things are. But if you are selling, too, (I dunno are people selling HoT food on market?) it's easy to make a cut.

The only reason, imo, stuff like sea dew is probably lower than that (it used to be like 40-60) is because people are out there and grabbing it and using it to fill buy orders. Nearly all buy orders I'd say are under what you could sell it for if you wanted to. I dunno; it's possible Aloe is involved in age or weight stuff, too. I dunno those recipes.

Aloe is legit OP tho. If you were around in MO1, I would have made you a rich person, haha. Like I said gold was worth way more and I paid out the ass for sophistication ingredients + made a huge profit cuz I'm THAT DUDE mahaha.

But yea TLDR I dunno if that is duped gold. It's more of a clue, I'd say. But yeah, good on ya to pick that stuff. Don't ever think you are ripping them off tho haha. There is a reason.

Mad Jugger

Aug 8, 2022

Jack I don't understand, I've known you for a long time. I do not understand why you still play, especially since they are following the MO1 roadmap on how to make a bad game.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Jack I don't understand, I've known you for a long time. I do not understand why you still play, especially since they are following the MO1 roadmap on how to make a bad game.
I ask myself this question a lot. Why the hell do i keep giving this game a chance over and over and over?…its been 14 years… nostalgia and lack of alternatives i guess. There is really nothing out there that grabs my attention for long. Nothing that has a huge seamless world with good medieval/fantasy first person melee combat. All survival games pretty much have guns, or feel more like cheap, senseless battle arenas instead of living worlds.

I keep thinking that MO will improve, it will find its balance, that SV will get it right eventually, even if just by luck…. They are always so close, and yet always miss the mark.

Dont know what to tell you. Its like that abusive yet addictive relationship you just cant shake. The highs are very high, but also so few and short lived. Most of the rest is frustration, disappointment and self delusion.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They are always so close, and yet always miss the mark.

Yeah. haha. And even when it seems like they do something great in a patch, it always seems like they take one big step back, too. UGH. I am in a similar spot, and I don't even play. I am just outside looking in, waiting.