About Armor Penalties

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
the problem here is theres always a devide between group and solo play. if you can close the gap in solo play your also closing the gap in group play.
in order to make the game fun for all styles of play a mage should be able to 1v1 a footie and have a decent rate of success. should the footie win more often yes. however currently that isnt the case in a 1v1 situation it will always boil down to the footie catching up to the mage and winning. we will see if elementalism changes this and i believe we should process the data after.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
nerf the fuck out of heavy armor footies, fuck em. Fuck out of here with this bullshit OP.

Don't fuck with their speed, just make it drain the fuck out of their stam like 2-3 times. Problemo solvedo next!

we were already there, at least with regen. Lite armor is already pretty strong, tho. That's the one thing people aren't really thinking of. Sure, it's not heavy armor, but considering, stuff like Khurite is def OK. I still think you could win a war with your guys in khurite. People don't even wear that much heavy armor. One of the last people I saw in steel was Kuthara. haha. They need to nerf animat armor, tho, for real. It's really heavy and the prots aren't wrong. Basically, it just needs to be less prevalent. I don't think they understood how hard ants/turtles were gonna get farmed.

The curve should def be different, too. Khurite should give you 90% regen and then the heavier 22+ wt armors should push you into the 80s. There should be a drop off at bone plate, too, so you don't get a 16-18 wt 'good set' that has good prots and doesn't really affect you stam. Also wouldn't mind if messing armor got a little buff, atm messing is kinda dogshit as a material... they took away a lot of its properties. You used to be able to make better swords and stuff out of it. Axes had more slash. Would be nice to get like a 22-24 wt set out of it that was about on par with HC. No reason for messing to be 30 aiye.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
there are reason to use different armors. light mages, medium for high durab/ shield user. biggest problem is that merc plate is simple the best armor in game. no reason to use other plates

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
there are reason to use different armors. light mages, medium for high durab/ shield user. biggest problem is that merc plate is simple the best armor in game. no reason to use other plates

It's heavy, so that is a reason.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
I am waiting for TC.Sieging should require a lot of foot fighters.
So far most of players have universal farming builds and there is not much use for typical foot soldier.
With TC we will see the true balance.