A very old returning player simple question

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
is it possible to live just as a crafter? is it worth it or pve'ing is just better? also, do we have an up to date build calculator?

ty <3

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
If by crafter you mean live purely off proffesions, yes it is possible and actually very mandatory role for the game's economy. Ofc, PvE has some massive upsides on obtaining money and rare loot but to do so you have to engage in PvP since all the best spots are heavily contested and fought over.

In terms of making money purely by proffesions, it very cosistent way to make gold as long as thats what you are into, you ofc will stille encounter PvP as you have to travel the world to obtain materials and transport them so some level of PvP is unavoidable unless you chose the most basic and repetetive way of obtaining money via proffesions like mining inside town or in its extreme proximity and never moving away which is viable way to do so but imo not very interesting.

Some of things that make the most money on the market from proffesions would be refining steel, alchemy to make healing potions, cooking to create health regeneration food or butchery to obtain expensive crafting materials to sell.
You can ofc craft the weapons/armor yourself and sell it but majority of guilds want the materials to make their own wherever they play so as much as its possible, its no idea to make money. Generally, proffesions that provide supplies for the PvP guilds is what makes the best gold.

And no, the current character builder is not 100% up to date as last patch released mastery system which lets you further customize your build once you reach level 20 and also recently they reworked some skills trees which has not been updated to the character creator. But that shouldnt be too much of an issue since it still have around 90% of the usefull information to create a build so its still fine to use it [ if you dont want to use the preset character builds that the game offers you now upon character creation ] .
Here is the link

Reactions: Xunila and Kuroi

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
thank you so much for the great reply

yes, that's what i meant, purely off professions :)

refining steel sounds good, i would love some alchemy or cooking but i guess the recipes are classified? :D butchery also would be cool but it would involve going to slay poor living creatures :D (i still have nightmares of all the wisents i used to kill in MO1 lol)

i understand about guild wanting to craft stuff themselves :) still i guess it wouldn't be bad to put up a shop and sell stuff (home vendors are a thing already, right?!) for some extra coin. just need to understand what's the most used weapon but i guess greatswords never fail

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
But are you actually really old? Or do you mean that you played back in the early days of MO1?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
is it possible to live just as a crafter? is it worth it or pve'ing is just better? also, do we have an up to date build calculator?

ty <3
I remember seeing you around way back. Its always cool to see old names.

Reactions: Kuroi

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
But are you actually really old? Or do you mean that you played back in the early days of MO1?
you can check my signature :ROFLMAO: played since closed beta (right after closed combat alpha) and i still have my shiny steel box with a cd of MO1 :love:

played for several years then had to drop cause life :cry: bought MO2 day one and played just a few hours but i'll soon be able to join you again guys!

I remember seeing you around way back. Its always cool to see old names.

same!

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
you can check my signature :ROFLMAO: played since closed beta (right after closed combat alpha) and i still have my shiny steel box with a cd of MO1 :love:

played for several years then had to drop cause life :cry: bought MO2 day one and played just a few hours but i'll soon be able to join you again guys!

same!
Yeah I remember seeing you on MO1 forums way back in the early years. Welcome back!

Reactions: Kuroi