A Couple Suggestions on Skillbars

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'm assuming skill bars, are something you intend to address but I'll just throw out a couple of thoughts. First off while they may seem minor this to me other than the addition of magic and taming would be one of the most important quality of life changes you could make. The reason I say this is that every single time I die I have to rebind every item based bind on my skillbars.

It's REALLY annoying to have to redo like 10 binds every time I die. So here are my two suggestions.

1. Putting an item on a skillbar should bind a ghost version of that item to the bar. For instance, if you bind bandages a ghost version of bandages should be bound. Any item identical to bandages in your inventory will immediately get linked to that ghost when present. So from the user perspective, you bind your bandages and they go onto the bar. What this means though is when you die and lose all your bandages if you pick up more bandages they immediately are useable from the skillbar slot bound to bandages. No need to rebind them.

The identical item part really comes in handy if say, you have a ton of identical swords you use as your standard weapon. Every time you pick up a similar sword it will be bound to that slot. (Remaining durability should be ignored in determining if an item is "identical").

2. In the same vein as 1, I believed arrows merit a special mention. Currently, arrows are an instant-equip item but you're only dragging 25 arrows onto your bar at a time. I generally carry 5 stacks in inventory and bind 3-5 stacks to the hotbar so I can resupply 75-125 arrows without returning to inventory. Making a hotkey just automatically grab any 25 arrows in inventory would be REALLY nice but also seems OP/kind of defeats the point of having an arrow slot in inventory at all. I'd say do it, but at the same time give arrows an equip timer like a piece of armor.