The proposed siege window system is bad. Try this instead.

Luthienne

Apr 8, 2024
I agree that siege windows would be desirable to offline sieging, but I've spoken to dozens of players in-game who are all very opposed to the proposed change. Requiring a declaration of intent to siege not only removes the element of surprise, but also opens the door to false siege declarations, and other sorts of trolling behaviors by opposing guilds.

Instead of requiring a declaration for siege, instead let each guild designate a siege window, say 8 hours of the day, in which they can be sieged. This is active at all times, so on any given day, a guild can be sieged, but only within this 8hr window. A guild will set it's 8hr siege window for the hours at which they are most able to defend. This allows other guilds to catch guilds that are lacking by surprise, but not offline siege them. Every player I've mentioned this to has agreed that it would be more fun and more engaging to do it this way, rather than the siege window system SV has proposed.

In addition to this, siege windows will limit the amount of time that a siege can be active. As such, changes will need to be made to the defense bonus system. I think it would be a net negative impact to remove supply storehouses and supply lines, but the defense bonuses and timers will need to be adjusted, and perhaps even the amount of damage that manganons do should be increased to account for the siege windows.

Either way, as this is such a core system to the game, I think changes this massive should be left to a player vote, to see how the community thinks the changes should be implemented.