Rogue theorycrafting

Eustaquio

Dec 17, 2023
I always played rogue or necromancer role in rpg/MMO. In old Mortal I mainly played a mage, but fall in love with thievery skill tree.

In MO2 a lot of features of a rogue play styles are missing (thievery, fist weapons, dual wielding/strike, bribery), but I still wanted to play the most rogueish character posible. The only option are to play an Alvarin with daggers, a lot of dexterity, aim for weakspot (despite the nerf), and put in some necromancy for utility spells that fit the role (atrophy, blind, cloud of ashes), but I guess the viability is almost 0.

I've been theorycrafting for weeks and I'm here asking for your help. Which are your thoughts?

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
I always played rogue or necromancer role in rpg/MMO. In old Mortal I mainly played a mage, but fall in love with thievery skill tree.

In MO2 a lot of features of a rogue play styles are missing (thievery, fist weapons, dual wielding/strike, bribery), but I still wanted to play the most rogueish character posible. The only option are to play an Alvarin with daggers, a lot of dexterity, aim for weakspot (despite the nerf), and put in some necromancy for utility spells that fit the role (atrophy, blind, cloud of ashes), but I guess the viability is almost 0.

I've been theorycrafting for weeks and I'm here asking for your help. Which are your thoughts?
Yeah the closest you can get is a dagger mage so I refuse to sub till they add in snooping, thievery and lockpicking again.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
A few rogue/assassin skills I could think of:

Sneaking (Primary): Lowers the character to a crouch stance which reduces movement noise and restricts movement to walking speed. Only usable when wearing up to 6kg of soft armours on all body parts with no shields equipped. Prevents sprinting or jogging while in this stance. At highest skill, completely eliminates movement noise and slightly increases movement speed.

Backstab (Primary): Allows the character to perform a critical strike that deals an extra 1-10 damage on top of the weapon's usual output. Only usable when Sneaking with a dagger weapon equipped and attacking from behind the target.

Will post more ideas later.

Last edited: