Cowboy GM Behaviour...

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Not going to name and shame, as it'll probably just come back to bite me..

So i jump down a hole because someone is chasing me in PVP. This hole turns out to be a sticking point. Now, i kill the opponent when they jump down the hole, and now i'm stuck.

GM tells me they can't unstuck me because i go down there during PvP. If the PVP is over, honestly, i don't see why they don't unstuck the winner, but that is just my opinion.

Okay, so i return to my home priest in Kranesh, GM tells me they've teleported my bag out of the hole. Of course, the people who chased me down the hole are at the top of the hole.

So, my loot was inaccessible, the GM then handed them the loot. They said they were moving the loot out of the hole for me to access. Now, they wouldn't unstuck me, but they were more than happy to give the people chasing me my loot. Now.. I bring this up in the chat, and i essentially get threatened that i'll be removed if i make stuff up.

This GM DID move my stuff out of the hole, they told me they did, and it did get taken by the people waiting at the top. I protest about it, and i get threatened with being removed..

This is cowboy GM behavior, and even making this post feels dangerous.

Can we keep these cowboys in line please? Just a suggestion.

image_2024-01-05_185743475.png

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Could they have used crawling hand. But yeah refusing to unstuck after say 10 minutes is weird.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Could they have used crawling hand. But yeah refusing to unstuck after say 10 minutes is weird.
That is exactly what i explained.

They purposely chose to leave me in the hole because i went down there during PVP. I was waiting like 30 mins, and nothing, they literally just left me.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
I think it sounds silly to expect a GM to unstuck you in a pvp situation. That sounds similar to a GM taking you out of a house you got stuck in chasing to kill somone. I do not think a GM should ever unstuck you in that situation.

People couldve easily crawling hands your bag out of the hole. I think youre on the wrong side here my dude.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
I think it sounds silly to expect a GM to unstuck you in a pvp situation. That sounds similar to a GM taking you out of a house you got stuck in chasing to kill somone. I do not think a GM should ever unstuck you in that situation.

People couldve easily crawling hands your bag out of the hole. I think youre on the wrong side here my dude.
The GM literally told me they teleported the bag out, they then later denied it.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
Oh lol. You took the wrong screenshot then. hahaha. Thats kindof crap but they probably couldve crawling hands it anyway.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Aand the main issue is again that the map topography is fucked. In no game should players be wary of constantly getting stuck. It should almost never happen, but they literally need irl mods to unstuck ppl daily and it's been like that since the start.

Reactions: Gnidex and Teknique

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
when you jump down to the hole were you cant get out pvp or not ! its your foult !
and gm shoudnt teleport bags out !

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
when you jump down to the hole were you cant get out pvp or not ! its your foult !
Oh yeah it's definitely his fault SV is incapable of producing a working map topography.

Get a grip, you sound like a baterred housewife with stockholm syndrome.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What GMs playing lose and wild with the rules, surprise surprise surprise. Like L***** and their infinite well of amazingness.... And with such great gems as telling an Italian speaking player in Help chat to speak English in Help chat.... when they asked a question in ITALIAN.

Reactions: Gnidex

CHAOSLORD

Feb 26, 2023
You were farmed in MO1 on repeat and actively never got better. Of course you have such a dumb opinion on a game that's left you behind.