One simple thing that could make dagger main more viable without being OP

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Just have stabs in the back unblockable. It makes no sense when you hit someone right in the back but they can still block it. Esp with a weapon that only really has one attack direction and the enemy doesn't need to see you to parry. Make it only work for daggers and maybe spears for all i care.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
No, cause of ping.
On your screen it might look like you're stabbing into his back, but on his screen he's facing you.
Getting into someone's back when they don't want it isn't even that easy. It's more difficult than spin fient which too is affected by ping by the way. I don't see how it is a problem if it only works for thrusting attacks.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Getting into someone's back when they don't want it isn't even that easy. It's more difficult than spin fient which too is affected by ping by the way. I don't see how it is a problem if it only works for thrusting attacks.
A lot of the time I can be behind a player swinging while one there screen I am in front of them. The ping makes it very easy to get behind some one in this game at least on your screen.

Reactions: Rhias

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
A lot of the time I can be behind a player swinging while one there screen I am in front of them. The ping makes it very easy to get behind some one in this game at least on your screen.
Well ok i guess mine isn't that bad. Guess i'll just have to wait for poisons.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yeah, no.

Daggers are honestly fine right now.
They are fine as a side weapon for a mage, and good for making dagger diving meme videos. It's low range, ping reliant, thrust only weapon that requires you to sacrifice a ton of HP to have any advantages over spear. Of course inexperienced players freak out and get stabbed to death before they realize what's going on, but it's not a good indicator of a viable main weapon choice.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
They are fine as a side weapon for a mage, and good for making dagger diving meme videos. It's low range, ping reliant, thrust only weapon that requires you to sacrifice a ton of HP to have any advantages over spear. Of course inexperienced players freak out and get stabbed to death before they realize what's going on, but it's not a good indicator of a viable main weapon choice.

They hit as hard, if not harder then a spear.

They have no handle hitbox which no other weapon to my knowledge has that quality.

They require low strength.

They are low cost in materials.

Need I say more?

They're fine lol. Just trust me. I know a few people who use daggers and that kill people very quickly and very efficiently with them.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
They have no handle hitbox which no other weapon to my knowledge has that quality.
Yeah because you need to hug your enemy to deal damage, there isn't much place left for any handle hits. Still have arm hitbox if you go for slashing.

They require low strength.
Again good mage sidearm. We're talking main weapon here.

They are low cost in materials.
Low durability too.

They're fine lol. Just trust me. I know a few people who use daggers and that kill people very quickly and very efficiently with them.
Yeah a few people are good with daggers, and i'm sure same people are even better with spears, hammers, swords, poleaxes etc - anything that the majority of players use for some stupid reason.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Yeah because you need to hug your enemy to deal damage, there isn't much place left for any handle hits. Still have arm hitbox if you go for slashing.

Again good mage sidearm. We're talking main weapon here.

Low durability too.

Yeah a few people are good with daggers, and i'm sure same people are even better with spears, hammers, swords, poleaxes etc - anything that the majority of players use for some stupid reason.

Alright so if you're already on someone, they can't really get away. Sure, you say that but I've used daggers plenty and watched others use them. Just depends on the wielder honestly. Slashing is purely for mix-ups not damage.

I'm telling you a dagger is a good weapon regardless of who uses it. You try a thursar kallard with a dagger before? Hits people for 50+. Imagine popping your life steal clade and just stabbing people.

Low dura is due to low cost, which again means cheaper weapons and less material usage.

This is a player preference / problem, not a game issue.

You want to talk weapons needing some love to be a 'main weapon'.

Let's talk about one handed swords, axes, maces. Poleswords too.

Reactions: Rhias

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Sure. Who?
Emperox good with axes, Yasai i think (?) does well with poleswords, didn't meet many hammer wielders but i'm sure some people are good with one too. Point is - you can wreck people naked with vendor 1h sword if you're good, and it happens all the time, doesn't mean it's ok balance wise. It's not a good argument.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Emperox good with axes, Yasai i think (?) does well with poleswords, didn't meet many hammer wielders but i'm sure some people are good with one too. Point is - you can wreck people naked with vendor 1h sword if you're good, and it happens all the time, doesn't mean it's ok balance wise. It's not a good argument.

I've beaten people with torches, and I've beaten people with torches on a mage.

I'm aware that you can outskill someone even if your skills aren't there or even have the attributes to do damage.

I'm just telling you, this is a difference of opinion and I make mine of playing MO1 and MO2 (MO2 since it's been in alpha).

Daggers are fine.

Would love to see some videos though of Emperox and Yasai using one handed weapons & poleswords.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Daggers are fine.
Fine as in not entirely useless? Yeah i agree, i've beaten people with a dagger and i'm no pro. Fine on par with poleaxe or something? Well i have over 500 hours now and i don't remember seeing anyone maining a dagger, and that is telling. People USE "fine", if they don't then there's something wrong with that particular playstyle.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Fine as in not entirely useless? Yeah i agree, i've beaten people with a dagger and i'm no pro. Fine on par with poleaxe or something? Well i have over 500 hours now and i don't remember seeing anyone maining a dagger, and that is telling. People USE "fine", if they don't then there's something wrong with that particular playstyle.

It's player preference.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

ye I was gonna say I'm always hitting people in the back lol. But it's more like side back, back w/ the animation, I'm not behind them, but I'm hitting them w/ the wep in the back. I do wish they'd cool down the turn speed tho haha.

I'm sure backstab will make a comeback, tho. RE: daggers in back.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

You think lagswitchers are bad now, just imagine

loool the fact that this video is actually reminiscent of MO pvp and spot on is proof that nobody should be taking it as seriously as they take it. Well, the combat mechanics... it's fun but wonky. PvP is something that unfolds over the long term, of which combat is just one part.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It's player preference.
Nope. Daggers are cool. I'm sure a lot of people would like to play daggers but they don't, for the same reason that people don't use katanas. I'm always asked by new players "so where can i get a katana?" but the next day they're running around with a heavy greatsword. Because heavy greatsword isn't cool and not so visible within the pop culture but effective, katanas not so much. "player preference" aka statistics is an objective indicator, "i played since MO1" is a subjective one.