Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Wheelchair is my life vroom vroom

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
In my humble opinion i feel like the attribute Dexterity should affect your mounted capability in some way, for example your riding speed or your maneuverability. It doesnt make sense that a fat/obese character without any Dex is as good as a rider as a character with maxed out Dex.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
perhaps dex could make it so trying to do stuff while mounted (cast spells, swing weapons, shoot bows) has a chance to dismount you because of poor equilibrium. I dont know what a reasonable threshold of dex would be to prevent this (40? 60?) but at 10 it should be pretty difficult to stay mounted and riding (not stationary) while actually doing anything with your hands. Personally I dont think it should affect your riding speed or turn radius or even dismount chance from being hit.

-barcode

D

Deleted member 44

It does affect mounted players. Dexterity gives a lot of free skill points for all physical combat related skills. If a player has no DEX and they get dismounted they are basically screwed. What really flipped the power scale for wheel chair builds is the ability to heal while mounted. This is further intensified by wheel chair fat mages doing crazy high healing/damage while having passive clade gifts that boost their defense potential. MAs used to be the counter to fat mages but that has drastically changed in MO2. It doesn't take genius to figure out that if I'm hitting a heavily armored horse or player for 2~10 damage and they can heal for 30+ at the cost of 2 mana with a mana pool of 260 what is going to happen.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It does affect mounted players. Dexterity gives a lot of free skill points for all physical combat related skills. If a player has no DEX and they get dismounted they are basically screwed. What really flipped the power scale for wheel chair builds is the ability to heal while mounted. This is further intensified by wheel chair fat mages doing crazy high healing/damage while having passive clade gifts that boost their defense potential. MAs used to be the counter to fat mages but that has drastically changed in MO2. It doesn't take genius to figure out that if I'm hitting a heavily armored horse or player for 2~10 damage and they can heal for 30+ at the cost of 2 mana with a mana pool of 260 what is going to happen.
What do you think is going to happen?
The MA will start shooting at the player Instead of the horse. And a mount with that heavy armor will be easily stickied by a MA.

D

Deleted member 44

What do you think is going to happen?
The MA will start shooting at the player Instead of the horse. And a mount with that heavy armor will be easily stickied by a MA.
Oh you don't know do you. Heavy horse armor doesn't slow the horse. Additionally the fat ogh is wearing heavier armor so good luck with that one. If I was the fat mage I would just EQ both of to start a ground fight and then blow up the MA before they can even react. Even better I could just get off my mount and blow up the MA on foot.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Oh you don't know do you. Heavy horse armor doesn't slow the horse.
Get your facts straight before discussing something.

Quote from the patch notes:
"Added pet equipment crafting, pet armor weight impacts the speed, turn radius and stamina drain. "

Or a quote from another thread:
Actually the patch notes saied something about speed. stamina, etc. penalties. How big are they?
Horse armor isn’t as strong as it is in mo1. Less protection and slower. Cron and ogh and tung may be more protection than mo1 but still way slower.

speed probably doesn’t matter much if you’re a footie as they’ll still be way faster than you

D

Deleted member 44

Get your facts straight before discussing something.

Quote from the patch notes:
"Added pet equipment crafting, pet armor weight impacts the speed, turn radius and stamina drain. "

Or a quote from another thread:
It doesn't. I've tested the speed and the stamina usage, it's the same as a horse with no armor. Turn radius is non factor. I don't care what SV says is and isn't in the game. They don't test shit.

Do you even play the game?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It doesn't. I've tested the speed and the stamina usage, it's the same as a horse with no armor. Turn radius is non factor. I don't care what SV says is and isn't in the game. They don't test shit.

Do you even play the game?
Video rendering.

Edit:
Here you go.

I must admit, the heavy armored hose seems to drain as much stamina as the light armored one, but it is able to travel further in the same time.
In that video it's just cheap (and light weight) bone tissue heavy horse armor, with ~7.5kg weight difference to the light horse armor. The difference to Steel will be even bigger (~ +10kg compared to the bone tissue heavy horse armor).

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Horse speed should be effected by both, player armour weight AND horse armour weight, not dex.
More damage protection should always come at a cost in speed and stamina.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Video rendering.

Edit:
Here you go.

I must admit, the heavy armored hose seems to drain as much stamina as the light armored one, but it is able to travel further in the same time.
In that video it's just cheap (and light weight) bone tissue heavy horse armor, with ~7.5kg weight difference to the light horse armor. The difference to Steel will be even bigger (~ +10kg compared to the bone tissue heavy horse armor).
Thanks for testing this.
Awesome.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
Doesnt the horse speed show in the character description by now? Easiest way to check

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
Dex should affect mount and dismount speed along with armor weight. I felt like I was being punished for not wearing armor when they took the teleport jump off of mounts.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Dex is just a shit stat and always has been. At this point they should just remove the movement speed stat from dex and make each clade have a set movement speed (since you either max dex or have it at min anyway). So basically we wouldn't even feel a difference.

After that they could give Dex a better purpose such as what Branjolf is saying, weakspot chance, bow draw speed?, stamina regen, shortbow damage, etc.

Idk i just threw out some random ideas. Point is...dex needs a rework. Its always been a boring and mandatory stat.

This would of course require attribute point balancing since it would be a buff to fat mages without...

D

Dracu

Dex is just a shit stat and always has been. At this point they should just remove the movement speed stat from dex and make each clade have a set movement speed (since you either max dex or have it at min anyway). So basically we wouldn't even feel a difference.

After that they could give Dex a better purpose such as what Branjolf is saying, weakspot chance, bow draw speed?, stamina regen, shortbow damage, etc.

Idk i just threw out some random ideas. Point is...dex needs a rework. Its always been a boring and mandatory stat.

This would of course require attribute point balancing since it would be a buff to fat mages without...
Best suggestion i have read in a while. Please this SV

Reactions: MolagAmur
D

Deleted member 44

I don't like different run speeds for any player, but everyone here seems to be in love with it.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I don't like different run speeds for any player, but everyone here seems to be in love with it.
I only think its necessary in this game, because unlike other MMOs we don't have movement abilities or crowd control. So it makes sense for certain clades, such as Alvarin who have less Strength, Stam, and HP to have a speed advantage over a Thursar or Oghmir who theoretically beats them head to head.

Reactions: Branjolf

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
no, it makes no sense to have dex as someone who sits in a wheelchair. the name says it, kill the horse and he stands on 1 leg.
i would rather make dex more useful, for example reduced bow sway with high dex or dex as range dmg multiplier.

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
no, it makes no sense to have dex as someone who sits in a wheelchair. the name says it, kill the horse and he stands on 1 leg.
i would rather make dex more useful, for example reduced bow sway with high dex or dex as range dmg multiplier.

The term "wheelchair" in that regard is more meant as a hyperbole obviously. To ride fast and maneuver well you would need dexterity in order to do so. If you lack that you might be able to ride nonetheless, but not very well.