Who do you support in the wessex beef

• Najwalaylah

• Azzerhoden Razeri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
I don't like double commenting but I will add a few things onto this since Kanye here is misrepresenting some things.
lol, hey, i'm just reading the forum posts. I'm the peanut gallery. 🥜🥜🥜🐒🐵🙊

i do think it's fair to call that the rhodri expulsion thread though, because you didn't make it much longer in wessex after that drama.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Who can hate Wessex ?
Only dislike I had with them was their arrogant attitude.(edit.hehe noticed. SOME of them, many humble players aswell)
When you normally get slaughtered in every engagement, dont go around RPing a high and mighty godlike warrior. Says itself honestly.

Other than that Wessex has more to be proud of than 70% of MOs playerbase since they always came out to fight and rarely cried about losing. That cant be said by the majority of MOs players/guilds.

Last edited:

ChonoKhan

Nov 17, 2020
Never really noticed this? I knew WSX had many internal issues and that time that Rhodri got his account screwed by his own cockroach underling, but other than that, WSX seemed fine. Definitely better than turd bag guilds like RPK and RLC.

Reactions: ROTLUST

nazgo

May 29, 2020

Wessex has always been a lot of fun, in DF, in MO and in many other games. They bring content by being active, going for politics and participating in conquest. The issue has been, from my perspective, that they give up way too easily, or their leadership does. In darkfall, they gained land, they gained allies, they went to war and immediately after the very first sign of war not going as planned, majority of them left the game, and same has repeated in other games.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
lol, hey, i'm just reading the forum posts. I'm the peanut gallery. 🥜🥜🥜🐒🐵🙊

i do think it's fair to call that the rhodri expulsion thread though, because you didn't make it much longer in wessex after that drama.
I mean even a fly on the wall can have a perspective I suppose. My takeaway in retrospect and after going down memory lane with that whole dramatic shitshow was that Zaleos was unhinged. Like legitimately certifiable, and I don't say that in a mocking or derogatory way, more out of a sense of pity.

I mean just look at his commentary, that doesn't seem like a rational person, does it?

Anywho it's all irrelevant now; except as a backdrop to the question of "why" I made my exit from that group. It wasn't the final straw, but it didn't extend far past that.

Last edited:

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
You got sniped for being a dirty Vanu player and not keeping your head down Space 'Murica and Railjack ftw.

Work on your Situational Awareness and you'll keep your brains next time. ;)

Also I do well enough in my professional and personal life these days. It keeps me too busy for these games in any case.

If you don’t intend to play then why are you here defending your online persona?

Seems very odd.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
If you don’t intend to play then why are you here defending your online persona?

Seems very odd.
You know the kinds of people that play this game. When I made this account there were at least 3 or 4 other imposter accounts.

I can put in the barest most effort to prevent trolls from impersonating me and misusing my name or abusing my reputation. I did spend years building it after all.

Jan 23, 2021
Wessex has always been a lot of fun, in DF, in MO and in many other games. They bring content by being active, going for politics and participating in conquest. The issue has been, from my perspective, that they give up way too easily, or their leadership does. In darkfall, they gained land, they gained allies, they went to war and immediately after the very first sign of war not going as planned, majority of them left the game, and same has repeated in other games.

LOL, this again. That game started bleeding players from all sides when it was clear the devs were only interested in gleaning as much money from the player base as possible and were not going to lift a finger to stop the in game hacking some players were using to 'win'. I will add though, and its a sad truth, that there are players who join us wanting to be protected, even though we are pretty straight forward in our expectation that everyone fights, regardless of skill level. You are in the garrison or you are in the militia and when push comes to shove they stop logging in.

I'm not sure how they can attempt to play a game with PvP and full loot with the expectation that they'll be protected from harm at all times, or why they are interested in playing these types of games at all.

Kanye West

Jul 6, 2020
I mean just look at his commentary, that doesn't seem like a rational person, does it?

He just seems angry and dislikes you. I do think he has a point though. If you friendly fire kill someone in a battle its your job to get his loot and get it back to him. If you were gona lose it any beef can be solved by saying:

"Hey Zaleos, look man im gona die and lose all your shit, im sorry i killed you. Do you want me to delete it?"

Since this issue should've been fairly easy to solve red-flags should start going up immediately. There is likely rat in this situation.

You're pretty well known for ego-tripping on new players tbh. I was on the Iron Coalition's side in life is feudal, and quite a few of those players talked about how much of a negative environment you created. AQ started ganking you in town because you were scamming new players lol. I'm more inclined to believe Zaleo's story.

Reactions: Arfy

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
He just seems angry and dislikes you. I do think he has a point though. If you friendly fire kill someone in a battle its your job to get his loot and get it back to him. If you were gona lose it any beef can be solved by saying:

"Hey Zaleos, look man im gona die and lose all your shit, im sorry i killed you. Do you want me to delete it?"

You say that as if it wasn't a key part of discussion or as if I'm too stupid to have figured out such an obvious course of action. It's not uncommon for players to get caught in crossfire of a chaotic melee, especially inexperienced players. That said, deleting things was a common protocol, not that it mattered, I died in that fight anyway with no chance of survival. It was a desperate shot to try and breakout; one in which I repeated ad nauseum that I could not guarantee the safety of any property entrusted to me should I attempt that breakout.

Since this issue should've been fairly easy to solve red-flags should start going up immediately. There is likely rat in this situation.

Is there? Honestly, I don't care to debate something so long dead that it may as well have been a lifetime ago.

You're pretty well known for ego-tripping on new players tbh.
That's an interesting reputation to have considering I've never heard of you. Sounds like you buy into gossip and hearsay.

I was on the Iron Coalition's side in life is feudal
A game I was never involved in, and a group I've never heard of.

and quite a few of those players talked about how much of a negative environment you created. AQ started ganking you in town because you were scamming new players lol.
AQ? That's your source of credible information? Thanks for confirming that it's all gossip and hearsay, lmao. AQ ganked literally anyone in town simply because they thought it would bring them rage, and they definitely had it out for me.

you were scamming new players lol.
Was I? Let's review that shall we?

1: In what world does anyone here take anything a member of AQ says as credible? They were professional trolls.
2: What evidence do you have to support the allegation of "scamming" beyond hearsay and gossip from a group of people who were quite clearly my adversaries and known liars?
3: What would I even have to gain from "scamming" new players? What would new players have that I would even want? Did you even think about that or just accepted it as fact before coming here and talking?

I was pretty well off based on my own work in the game, my own experiments, my own efforts. I never needed to resort to such lowbrow activities as "scamming" if anything that's something Lyfender (RIP) or GUTS or the less than honorable members of AQ would get involved in.

I'm more inclined to believe Zaleo's story.
Believe whatever you like; It's easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Zaleos knew the risks, I repeatedly warned him that the chance of his recovered properties making it out were slim. Hell re-reading all 8 pages he even showed himself as inconsistent in his retelling of events.

Edit: This is the last I'm going to say on that; take it or leave it, I won't be indulging further attempts to goad me.

Castiel

Feb 25, 2021
It's remarkable how so many claim to dislike Wessex yet can't stop talking about us. So much speculation about past events by those not involved yet making uninformed commentary. The beef with King Manus and Naj is almost a decade old and really irrelevant today.

Rhodri had his had his flaws but was a valiant fighter whom I learned alot from. It was sad to see him leave however he was not Wessex so Koto came to Rhodri defense not Wessex of I'm understanding correctly.

I've only personally served with Manus in LIF and he was pleasant and nothing like described by people here. Never once in MO1 nor any other game in my 7 years with Wessex has he ever tried to dictate things in game he wasn't involved with. He was actually pretty good at letting his leaders do their thing and offered advice when asked.

Haters gonna hate I suppose just try to keep your facts straight when you do

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
It's remarkable how so many claim to dislike Wessex yet can't stop talking about us. So much speculation about past events by those not involved yet making uninformed commentary. The beef with King Manus and Naj is almost a decade old and really irrelevant today.

Rhodri had his had his flaws but was a valiant fighter whom I learned alot from. It was sad to see him leave however he was not Wessex so Koto came to Rhodri defense not Wessex of I'm understanding correctly.

I've only personally served with Manus in LIF and he was pleasant and nothing like described by people here. Never once in MO1 nor any other game in my 7 years with Wessex has he ever tried to dictate things in game he wasn't involved with. He was actually pretty good at letting his leaders do their thing and offered advice when asked.

Haters gonna hate I suppose just try to keep your facts straight when you do

Rhodri IS WSX in MO. You guys are just a bunch of imposters.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I think the main issue with WSX is that a lot of them are just not very likable people, especially leadership. Otto always seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and we could hold reasonable conversations but most others always seemed to be on some sort of power trip and just spat on anyone who they considered 'below' them.

Just because you are 'Role playing' does not mean you should be role playing a dick.

KotO did and will always support Casilda and Rhodri over any 'Official' WSX.

Rhodri will always be an honorary KotO member and a Knight of the Realm, esteemed above all others.

Jan 23, 2021
LOL apparently I'm not likeable because I had the audacity to ask who Kuthara was when he sent me a discord message asking if I was going to participate in a war against them. Then, he made the same statement about saving our keep twice. Perhaps KotO did just that, but as a reminder:

"As for our standings, the general rule for Wessex is that when we join a new game we leave most of our past political grievances and alliances behind. There are some whose deeds were so dastardly that their margin for error with us going forward is small, while others were so honorable and true that we sincerely hope to continue our friendly relationship going forward. Of course, who knows what the actual future will bring.

I guess what I’m really saying here is that, if you want to hate on us because of something that happened over some tower, house, or heinous deed, then feel free to do so. Just know that most of us won’t have a flipping clue as to what you’re talking about.
"

(https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/greetings-from-the-duchy-of-wessex.1376/)

P.S. - That's the second time I've had to reference that post with you. Please take the time to review it.

Reactions: Castiel

Castiel

Feb 25, 2021
I think the main issue with WSX is that a lot of them are just not very likable people, especially leadership. Otto always seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and we could hold reasonable conversations but most others always seemed to be on some sort of power trip and just spat on anyone who they considered 'below' them.

Just because you are 'Role playing' does not mean you should be role playing a dick.

KotO did and will always support Casilda and Rhodri over any 'Official' WSX.

Rhodri will always be an honorary KotO member and a Knight of the Realm, esteemed above all others.

What are you basing that off? Up til now we've had decent conversations yet you blanket me in with whomever you don't like. Would be fair to judge you and Koto based on what others said to me as an outsider or are you speaking of a specific incident which led you to that conclusion?

I got love and respect for Rhodri and fought many battles next to him. That being said it was no secret he could be abrasive and rub alot of people the wrong way. He played with fire because he was passionate however he did let his anger get the best of him. For you to act like he was some noble saint and the rest of Wessex was some pompas aristocrats with their nose in the air is just not true and obviously not coming from personal experience. Your friends are beefing with Wessex and you choose your friends we get it. I just don't see why you gotta bash Wessex at the same time

I respect Casilda and she's never given me reason not to. We had a misunderstanding years ago however she was polite and I'd like to think we're still friends even though we've rarely ever spoke.

Honestly I'm happy to see everyone back can't wait to get back to the beast we call Mortal Online. I hope to play with old players, new players, new allies and new enemies. I would like to see old wounds heal but maybe not disappear as that's part of Mortals charm. We're all a little part of it's history. I've seen guilds come, build, conquer then fall. I know It's a marathon not a sprint and am excited to make new history

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
What are you basing that off? Up til now we've had decent conversations yet you blanket me in with whomever you don't like. Would be fair to judge you and Koto based on what others said to me as an outsider or are you speaking of a specific incident which led you to that conclusion?

I got love and respect for Rhodri and fought many battles next to him. That being said it was no secret he could be abrasive and rub alot of people the wrong way. He played with fire because he was passionate however he did let his anger get the best of him. For you to act like he was some noble saint and the rest of Wessex was some pompas aristocrats with their nose in the air is just not true and obviously not coming from personal experience. Your friends are beefing with Wessex and you choose your friends we get it. I just don't see why you gotta bash Wessex at the same time

I respect Casilda and she's never given me reason not to. We had a misunderstanding years ago however she was polite and I'd like to think we're still friends even though we've rarely ever spoke.

Honestly I'm happy to see everyone back can't wait to get back to the beast we call Mortal Online. I hope to play with old players, new players, new allies and new enemies. I would like to see old wounds heal but maybe not disappear as that's part of Mortals charm. We're all a little part of it's history. I've seen guilds come, build, conquer then fall. I know It's a marathon not a sprint and am excited to make new history

I base it on my past experience with WSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.