Zero Damage Equipment Hits

D

Deleted member 44

If you hit a players bow or weapon your attack will hit the player for zero. Please remove the hitbox for weapons. This obviously wouldn't effect shields.

Reactions: Rorry

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Why? It's weird and maybe makes some weps more op (guessing?) but it's another wrinkle. It could/should do massive dmg to their dura. 0 dmg hits that aren't based of parries, like interactive 0 dmg hits, are legit to me. I like anything that is based on player positioning opposed to directional blocking.

Reactions: billbonty
D

Deleted member 44

Why? It's weird and maybe makes some weps more op (guessing?) but it's another wrinkle. It could/should do massive dmg to their dura. 0 dmg hits that aren't based of parries, like interactive 0 dmg hits, are legit to me. I like anything that is based on player positioning opposed to directional blocking.
It's being used as shield right now, a perfect shield that takes no consideration of its construction.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah I mean it sucks in a way but it's still more skill based than a lot of things. I got that 'still a better love story than Twilight line' coming in my head after that. But yea I dunno. I think I'd actually prefer more such things, but I'm sure certain weps are harder to deal with than others, like people w/ hals and such.

You know I'm super anti parry, but it would be nice if the collision detection is in the game, to try to base it off more stuff like that... so that's my stance, but as the game is, I can see how it would be enraging.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
0 equip hits are garbage. You can hit a guy with a steel chestplate and do damage. But if you hit a kids spongewood handle, 0 damage. I get the idea, its to try and be mordhau. But it doesnt play well. Its not skilled in MO, its you somehow clipped their weapon hitbox and did 0 damage. Or my favorite, hitting a guys weapon on his back and doing 0.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Or my favorite, hitting a guys weapon on his back and doing 0.

you right about that part. lol. But I feel the same way about shields, even tho it's a shield... I don't think you should be able to use it to protect your back. It should be basically a decoration; it's too op even tho it's 'realistic' in some ways (but in a lot of ways not.) When you get down to it, MO is a very fucky game. But with some minor calibration, if everyone wouldn't LOSE THEIR SHIT, they could make it into a really crazy skill based game, even w/ some ping variation. It would just require basically a from the ground up rebuild of how combat works. Start w/ the swings which mostly work and go from there. Make it so that this touching that does that, etc, etc.

Still torn tho. I hate those long weps and all but you'd think they would offer some defensive advantage, esp cuz some of the handles are legit built w/ defensive parts.