x1 Skill Gain Impressions?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Oh yes, I played a bit this morning and I will play a bit again SOON. Kamakazee: I parried your spin macro BOTH SIDES, while sloughing away over-encumbered in khurite split leather. WAHAHA. No, but if I'm gonna suffer, you guys have to suffer too, and read my impressions!

I butchered pigs as I always do. Leveling up all the mats that came out of pigs, and I imagine this is the same for all butchered mats, was surprisingly easy and I think I butchered less than 10, but def less than 15 stacks. Completely OK. Field butchered. Skinning knife did not level well (this is important to keep in mind, as I think all secondary gather skills are way too slow!)

I chopped trees and hit some rocks and FUCK, what is the deal with that? It shouldn't take 5 hours of raw mining to level up your shit. That needs to be changed for real for real. Obviously, you can harvest mats and use them for faster levels, but that doesn't change that the actual 'gathering' skills level ridiculously slowly.

I feel the same way about crafting. I think it's punishing to make people spam gear and basically delete it. It's a waste of time. Sure, you should have to craft SOME weapons, but I mean as you go up to higher tier mats, you shouldn't have to donate a half stack or whatever to max it out. That's really a nonsensical mechanic. I don't feel it helps anyone.

The combat skills, the movement skills, all that seems fine, but the fact that I feel I would be statted up w/ int(if I unlocked)/str/con before I specced 100 in rock lores/gathering or tree lores/chopping is a bit strange to me.

Lastly, learning to read! It's fun, but I feel like in MO1 reading itself leveled a lot faster. I even hit some zombies for the 2x reading clade on my new char ( ain't easy when you are are lo spec w/ a 20s wep), and I was still at like 25 or something reading when I logged. I guess loool like the old MO thing was "read reading first," get your picture book and sound it out. Nah, but again, I think that's pretty lame for player development, but that's just me!

Anyone else have thoughts?

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
I have heard the same thing about gathering... mining and woodcutting being painfully slow.

Sayton

Mar 24, 2021
I'm actually fine with gathering and crafting skills being a bit grindy. But clade exp is the real gut punch. Especially considering new players coming in later on having to grind them up to be viable in pvp.

Reactions: SegaPhoenix

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
I haven't looked into the Clade point reward system much myself, does anyone have a list or link thread for relevant values? Is there any difference between Haven and real world for that?

I did remake a character yesterday, and was getting 6 I believe on zombies, and 12 on bandits in Haven. (I plan to move to the real world soon and see if its the same.)

It wasn't that bad of a grind tho on a warrior build, set him to read reading, farmed bandits mostly, I maxed out Str/Con/Dex, and was between 40-100 for pretty much every relevant foot warrior skill within 3ish hours, but that was with no competition in the haven tower on a thurkhur with 10-20% dmg bonus. Only 3 clades levels unlocked though; i also had all my combat books I wanted bought, profession i didnt start, if i had someone give me some bone or flakestone swords, it would have been faster.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm actually fine with gathering and crafting skills being a bit grindy. But clade exp is the real gut punch. Especially considering new players coming in later on having to grind them up to be viable in pvp.

the reason that I'm not is because it's an inherently grindy profession, why grind 2 grind. The only reason to make them be grindy is so that you can't spec and unspec, and I can kinda see that, but WOW they are really slow.

but yea @Aidan I think that the warrior stuff is just fine.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So people might hate me for this if it goes the other way... but honestly I wouldn't mind it if it was balanced somewhere in the middle. EXTRACTION levels stuff really nice, like upon popping flake lore I put in like 7000 granum or w/e and got 40 flake, and it continues to level like that w/ everything. Mining, I was smart enough to read the book this time. Crusher has the same problem mining does, tho, it doesn't level so it's a def book read. It's just so weird, to me, that all the mats seem to level well on extraction, and I'm assuming refining, but raw stuff like crafting, gathering, and the actual extraction appliances is painfully slow. I dunno if that's a good look. I mean I'd really say at least put x5 on those, and even 1/2 on the extraction would be acceptable. Same w/ Mammal lore, I've fully maxed all of the things I get from the mammals I've extracted, but the actual lore of the mammal is at 57, and I've been using bone tissue to level up, so I've chopped a bunch of pigs and zombies.

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
it does seem a bit odd, crushing/butchering, got me mat lores at decent levels within 20-40k, which isn't really that much.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
it does seem a bit odd, crushing/butchering, got me mat lores at decent levels within 20-40k, which isn't really that much.

the mat lores are legit, but it seems like the actual crusher lores are really slow.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I agree, the progress of some skills seems to be slow. But anyway, after my last reroll and about eight hours in Haven some important skills are already maxed. I don't see a problem due to faster or slower progress, because after one or two weeks and maybe 24 gaming hours many skills will be high or even maxed. And as a long term game the progress doesn't care at all. In fact I don't care about the first few month of the game and I if would get killed more often than other players. Nobody knows if the guild with the first keep will exist in half a year or if their keep falls down due to inactivity.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Spin... macro? Is that Latin?

haha I was like man what thread is this dude quoting. I forgot I was laughing at that dude killing my new char w/ chip dmg. Nah basically people made these hyperfast spin macros because they don't know how to get around parries. You can rotate your character really fast if you spin your mouse and they swing, too, so you can't really see the swing at all, you have to guess. Well I was parrying him and moving back so he started busting out the spin macro. I'm sure someone has a vid of it, it's pretty audaciously cheesy (and prol should be illegal, tbh.) But I got him on one, luck I guess, and went the other way with the other cuz intuition like rock paper scissor, he wouldn't throw the same one twice, and I got him. But he still whittled me down. :*( Was funny nonetheless. Sometimes you lose, but you feel like you still kinda won cuz of how ridic the odds are stacked against you.

On topic:

I agree, the progress of some skills seems to be slow. But anyway, after my last reroll and about eight hours in Haven some important skills are already maxed. I don't see a problem due to faster or slower progress, because after one or two weeks and maybe 24 gaming hours many skills will be high or even maxed. And as a long term game the progress doesn't care at all. In fact I don't care about the first few month of the game and I if would get killed more often than other players. Nobody knows if the guild with the first keep will exist in half a year or if their keep falls down due to inactivity.

Yeah everything is good, even FAST imo, but extraction (the begin-->adv skills), the ore extraction appliances (and I'm assuming the others?), skinning knife, raw gathering skills (mining/woodcutting) are just STUPID SLOW. I am not lying to say you get like 1 or 2 points PER STACK you crush. That's pretty insane, especially when coupled with the fact that you get the same small gain under extraction. Those are the only things that bother me, but I'd dare say the other skills are almost TOO EASY! I haven't tried taming. I know CC levels really slow, though, cuz I had to get like 3 or so horse levels before it kicked up one. But I can get down with certain skills like... cc, taming... being hard to level. Crusher? Not so much.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
LOL macroing sounds like so much work when they could just paint a giant L on their forehead instead. A clown could s**t confetti and it would be worth more than these players.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
LOL macroing sounds like so much work when they could just paint a giant L on their forehead instead. A clown could s**t confetti and it would be worth more than these players.

It works tho, esp when I am in armor too heavy for me haha and non-max dex and can't get away. But it's def fruity. It would be better for you to see. You probably will get to see it if you play. It's something people can do, too (not nearly the same), but it's easy to tell by how people move that they basically are just pressing a button. The fact that MO mouse moves your head and how sensi everything is... it's easy to tell when people just stop and press their macro button, opposed to someone doing actual work. The spin itself is LAME either way, but I guess I respect the skill. I end up hitting people w/ weird semi-spins just by how I play, but I'm not doing it to hide my swing.

Pretty sure it's something they just download or whatever, tho, heh. In the game I play on PS4, dudes have controllers w/ moves programmed into it and auto perfect execution of timed releases. So, it ain't new.

Shoot, I bought this mouse back for MO1 to make macros to save my hands. My macros are like spam gather... spam craft. lol. IF U GUYS BAN ME FOR THAT :*( The only semi-wack macro I did was the old turbo horse swim (but that was still just a spam.) ahaha, I only hope MO2 can have the same luls as MO1. Pretty sure you need some kind of 3rd party software to mouse a 360 swing tho.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
It works tho, esp when I am in armor too heavy for me haha and non-max dex and can't get away. But it's def fruity. It would be better for you to see. You probably will get to see it if you play. It's something people can do, too (not nearly the same), but it's easy to tell by how people move that they basically are just pressing a button. The fact that MO mouse moves your head and how sensi everything is... it's easy to tell when people just stop and press their macro button, opposed to someone doing actual work. The spin itself is LAME either way, but I guess I respect the skill. I end up hitting people w/ weird semi-spins just by how I play, but I'm not doing it to hide my swing.

Pretty sure it's something they just download or whatever, tho, heh. In the game I play on PS4, dudes have controllers w/ moves programmed into it and auto perfect execution of timed releases. So, it ain't new.

Shoot, I bought this mouse back for MO1 to make macros to save my hands. My macros are like spam gather... spam craft. lol. IF U GUYS BAN ME FOR THAT :*( The only semi-wack macro I did was the old turbo horse swim (but that was still just a spam.) ahaha, I only hope MO2 can have the same luls as MO1. Pretty sure you need some kind of 3rd party software to mouse a 360 swing tho.
Oh my apologies. But I see you have the right attitude anyway.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Oh my apologies. But I see you have the right attitude anyway.

lool, I ain't mad. In fact I suggest anyone w/ the ability to make a 'hold enter for 2.4ish sec' macro to DO IT for leveling crafting. I got diablo hand pain from doing that shit over and over again, then I pressed enter, like when I was already at 90, to drop loot yet again, and it started to show the crafting box fill... and I was like HMM!!! So you just gotta click the thing for a sec then enter will fill it, to keep you from having to do it. x1 skill gain hack from YABOY.

If anything, you should apologize for not yet having chronic pain! FUCK YOU. :) Just joking. But yea enjoy it mydood, take precautions now, stretches and everything.

Reactions: SeaShadow

wwkiller

Mar 30, 2021
nederland
this kind of grind is just overkill, the first week of playing is actually going to be afk book reading at this rate. sinds wel without basic skills the game is just no fun to play at all. dont know how a first time player wil feel after spending hours learning the game only to find out he chose the wrong build for his play style and needing to go true this crazy grind again.