What if We Roll Back Elementalism Patch or Problematic Parts?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I know the whole DDOS thing, and maybe it's happening, but there have been consistent problems since this patch. It's possible it could be some after patch ddoser, but it's also possible the patch fucked up the game stability. Have been thinking about this for awhile.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
I know the whole DDOS thing, and maybe it's happening, but there have been consistent problems since this patch. It's possible it could be some after patch ddoser, but it's also possible the patch fucked up the game stability. Have been thinking about this for awhile.
you think too much, rest, your brain cells may be restored

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I really dont think it would change the stability of the server at all. Yea the patch had problems, as they always do, but the main issue right now its the Ddos. The only thing that will stop that, is whomever is doing it to grow up and stop being a mentally ill 8 year old. too many emotionally disturbed individuals taking this game way too seriously.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I really dont think it would change the stability of the server at all. Yea the patch had problems, as they always do, but the main issue right now its the Ddos. The only thing that will stop that, is whomever is doing it to grow up and stop being a mentally ill 8 year old. too many emotionally disturbed individuals taking this game way too seriously.

I wonder. Not an expert in DDOS, to be real, most of my DDOS experience comes from MO haha.

It hasn't been a solid thing, but this feels too long for DDOS. If not, whoever is doing it has a very sophisticated plan (or persistent) and probably put in a lot of resources, if not cash, then planning.

I've been half here, half there lately, sooo I can't say with certainty, but I feel like this stuff started RIGHT AFTER THE PATCH. And yeah, someone could be like let's ddos after the patch, on the weekends, but the problem was that during the week, I felt there were also problems, and I dunno, like I said, if I can believe in a consistent low-grade (but annoyingly effective) DDOS over more than 1 week. That's statistically unlikely IMO.

I am def open to proof or something, though. Did DDOS make the brokers disappear? Did they drop the brokers to make less stress? I've been on a few times when the server crashed and it was exactly like it was on day 1 when the server crashed. Things slowed, and slowed, and then just dropped.

I can't sit around all day and check MO, but I've def been obstructed many times, and, while it could be luck, I dunno. I just have a hard time believing such a long-lasting effect is DDOS. There were DDOS rumors, tho, yea, but it's MO. Every time the server crashes, people say it is or could be.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
All sorts of games have ddos problems. Yesterday i watched a prominent Apex streamer deal with crazy ddosing in his games. And thats EA, one of the biggest video gaming companies out there. Even they are getting ddosed.

Might be a bigger problem than just MO right now.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
My GF works at epic games, or one of their partners any way handling the current issues they are having.
One after another games were being DDOS and rainbow six siege(which exists more than just on their platform but falls under epics support partners) were more or less continuously DDOS for about 3 days, fortnite was down for a bit.

Unrelated the game DBD has been having DDOS troubles for a bit more than a day and just today had the problems resolved.

Something's telling me that rainbow six siege wasn't a deliberate target. DBD, Rainbow six siege and assorted epic games supported titles have one thing in common. Some of their services are hosted on OVH cloud.

Whoever DDOS mortal online 2 might want to abandon their identity and flee to cambodia and live as a leaf picker or something, because they might have inadvertedly ruffled the feathers of a multi billion dollar industry and if they cant catch you legally. Lets just say being Clintoned is not outside the realm of possibility.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My GF works at epic games, or one of their partners any way handling the current issues they are having.
One after another games were being DDOS and rainbow six siege(which exists more than just on their platform but falls under epics support partners) were more or less continuously DDOS for about 3 days, fortnite was down for a bit.

Unrelated the game DBD has been having DDOS troubles for a bit more than a day and just today had the problems resolved.

Something's telling me that rainbow six siege wasn't a deliberate target. DBD, Rainbow six siege and assorted epic games supported titles have one thing in common. Some of their services are hosted on OVH cloud.

Whoever DDOS mortal online 2 might want to abandon their identity and flee to cambodia and live as a leaf picker or something, because they might have inadvertedly ruffled the feathers of a multi billion dollar industry and if they cant catch you legally. Lets just say being Clintoned is not outside the realm of possibility.
Would bet it's not American. Even if it is a copycat, or like some left over ddos... you say 'being ddosed,' but it's not over.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
they (epic games partners) moved their services away from OVH cloud. Which means whoever was ddosing is now looking at millions of dollars in provable damage.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Well, if it's fixed now and it was something targeted at EPIC and somehow MO got involved, I can see that. If more shit happens tho, it ain't ddos. I hope it was. I just feel like ele effects or something derped out the server lol forreal.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
No, it was targeted at MO but some of the epic partners were caught in the crossfire as they had some of their services hosted through OVH.

So if more ddos happens its not ddos? thats a weird logic.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So if more ddos happens its not ddos? thats a weird logic.

wat.

A ddos leaves the station going E at 80 MPH...

I find it litely dubious that MO got ddosed so hard that it affected other games, maybe MO was just the last one to be able to deal with it?

That's a pretty big company.

I am open to some form of proof, tho. I'm not that hard of a skeptic of anything. I just wanna see something that sways me. That other thing is interesting, I guess.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline/comments/11qu4uy
None of those people are me.

Edit: we'll never know, but I mean the whole Henrik saying try 2 ddos us and stuff... it could be that he knew server was gonna blow when ele dropped. I COULD BE. I'd say 25% chance. (Cuz it doesn't make sense otherwise?) But if that's true, then I gotta say that's pretty wack! But hopefully they fixed the problem either way, DDOS or not.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So, it's still happening apparently. Be interesting to see what happens this weekend.

Edit: also plz stop it with trying to make us sub thru your site. Just do steam. No one wants to sub thru mortal site.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Edit: also plz stop it with trying to make us sub thru your site. Just do steam. No one wants to sub thru mortal site.
My favorite thing in their post today is that they made sure to mention that they hold no data and that all data goes through steam. Because they know and we know that our data isnt safe if it wasnt all steam.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My favorite thing in their post today is that they made sure to mention that they hold no data and that all data goes through steam. Because they know and we know that our data isnt safe if it wasnt all steam.

pretty sad they treat a customer base that would go so far to get around the grabass it is to avoid giving SV your personal information so badly. haha. But yeah, oh well. I'm here 4 da gam.