Weapon Durability

D

Deleted member 44

Why is weapon durability tied to the users strength? This is a weird mechanic that should be removed. Additionaly, please remove damage debuff when the weapon is below 50% durability and allow us to use the entire range of a weapons durability.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Why is weapon durability tied to the users strength? This is a weird mechanic that should be removed. Additionaly, please remove damage debuff when the weapon is below 50% durability and allow us to use the entire range of a weapons durability.

Melee damage is only reduced by about 15-20% when it drops below 50%. The bows drop the most at 50%.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I've also always hated the low dur weps being shit mechanic. Even if its only 15%, that makes it go from good to shit. Like tung isnt 15% better than steel. So sub 50% tung is now worse than steel, while being slower and using more stam. Making it just trash.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
The Elhazrad Shop strongly support the present mechanic where high dura weapons hold much more value than the common cheapskate low dura weapons. I mean some people are so cheap they dont even put steel in the core of steel swords!!!

Idk if the dmg loss is too big, maybe it is, but I like that worn weapons do less dmg and that high dura weapons lose dmg slower.
I would also like some new skill to sharpen a weapon to reset the dmg loss, like a 50/200 dura sword is sharpened and becomes a 50/50 sword.

Reactions: Dixie

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The Elhazrad Shop strongly support the present mechanic where high dura weapons hold much more value than the common cheapskate low dura weapons. I mean some people are so cheap they dont even put steel in the core of steel swords!!!

Idk if the dmg loss is too big, maybe it is, but I like that worn weapons do less dmg and that high dura weapons lose dmg slower.
I would also like some new skill to sharpen a weapon to reset the dmg loss, like a 50/200 dura sword is sharpened and becomes a 50/50 sword.
If we had a proper sharpening / repair skill I'd be more fine with weps getting weaker at 50%. But I want a real system, not junk like we had in MO1 with the weird repair things you could make and combine with a weapon.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
If we had a proper sharpening / repair skill I'd be more fine with weps getting weaker at 50%. But I want a real system, not junk like we had in MO1 with the weird repair things you could make and combine with a weapon.

Repair is coming "soon"....

My estimate, before Star Citizen and Star Atlas get released to beta, but after Sarduca and Half Life 3

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix

Midas

Feb 25, 2022

i agree that weapon durabilty shouldnt be attached to damage and if it is and stays that way. you should be able to craft a sharpening stone/whet stone that has a # of uses. for instance it takes 100 skill in blacksmithy and blades to be able to harvest the stone using mining if you do not have those skills at 100 you wont find the type of stone. once said stone(insert large amount) that should be able to be crafted in to a usable whet stone or stone wheel for sharpening weapons. it would not increase the durability but give the weapon the ability to maintain its damage until it completley breaks. HOWEVER under no circumstances should this be an NPC item u can buy and only someone who is skilled in sharpening blades should be able to use them and charge to sharpen player weapons. depending on the materials types and skill of the user just (just like scribing) a chance that you break the weapon should occur at the highest material types should always have a slight chance to break including some of the weakest like bone. making some kind of gold sink behind any and every mechanic in the game is a must for all mmo sandbox's. the same could not be considered for mace weapons blunt weapons those weapons should stay full damage until they break. i would make the same point for herbalism and harvesting reagents for mages and have mage regs removed from npcs as well.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022

I do think the sharpen mechanic is a really good one here. If they do want to keep this strange half dura/dmg drop thing.

Reactions: grendel

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

core w/ emalji tho.

Another way MO2 is TRASH. Back when what you cored with actually mattered, or hilted. Get some heavy handle stuff for extra dmg. Now it's just dura. But yea. IMO not worth almost double the steel to core steel and get more dura. I'd rather have two steel swords, but that's just ME.

Reactions: Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Remove the 50% reduced effectiveness bullshit mechanic. No one likes it, adds nothing to the game. Its as bad and hated as the bullshit rng equipment hits on weapons.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Another way MO2 is TRASH. Back when what you cored with actually mattered, or hilted. Get some heavy handle stuff for extra dmg. Now it's just dura. But yea. IMO not worth almost double the steel to core steel and get more dura. I'd rather have two steel swords, but that's just ME.
2 swords with inferior core is more expensive than one good steel sword.