WCCFTech interview discussion

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
seb mentioned some interview with henrik here: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/wccftech-com-interview-with-henrik.109/

it may be a bit old but i guess i missed it at the time. I didnt see any threads discussing this so i started this one. if i missed the discussion thread maybe a mod can merge this in

just some thoughts

it seemed like a lot of non-answers from henrik, tho the game is still in development and i realize it can be difficult to really commit to much at this point, which may mean it was simply too early to be giving interviews, hard to know

We are around 30 people involved working full time on Mortal Online 2.
i did *not* know MO2 had this kind of budget, I don't know how many are actually working on the game vs producing assets but I hope theres a good amount on the game itself. MMOs are not really about fancy graphics (some people may disagree, but they're wrong).

We can also lift over a lot of our gaming code to MO2 which saves months of work.
a little scary, i fear the quality of MO's codebase so this is a bit alarming

Why we have mentioned this point is because we always had a key rule, to never change or steal hard work from players invested in MO
this was a point of concern.... IMO MO had a lot of problems with balance that never got addressed, i fear primarily because henrik didnt want to 'steal' hard work from players but failed to understand that a continued imbalance is far worse. @Henrik Nyström you must be prepared to make changes and perhaps yes even if it is at the cost of hard work from players.

The new Myrland is about 6 times larger than the old Myrland
i knew the continent was going to be bigger, i didnt know it would be that much bigger. I hope it allows for a focus on regional development and trade routes so its not really feasible to farm stuff somewhere and move it to a town on the other side of the map without facing significant risks. i hope they get the balance right on this, could be amazing or simply godawful

We have invested an enormous amount of time into improving our network code for MO2.
this is promising. I feel the netcode is really the heart of an mmo so i hope its up to the task

-barcode

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You remeber that MO1 bug where you got stuck on other players screen when walking to close to objects or entering a house? In MO2 alpha I did not see something like this.

Reactions: Ibarruri