Veterinary is trash and useless

Rhias

May 28, 2020
And it's a pain to apply on smaller pets.
You need to aim at them and the press the bandage key. And I frequently apply a bandage to myself while having full live.

Even with skill at 100 it heals about as much life as a normal human bandage. Have fun healing about a 600+ life bear with it...

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
It's bandage, meant for topping off a horse, not spam heal a pet for 100 skill points lol

Reactions: nazgo

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
It's bandage, meant for topping off a horse, not spam heal a pet for 100 skill points lol

Agreed, but we still have a persistent problem with going off a small ledge, losing 75% of health on your horse out in the wild and unless you have a healer, you're in for a lot of bandaging or really annoying Wolfbrush healing.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
They should consider adding something like heal over time to the bandage when applied to a pet as well as making the healing scale a bit on % of health.

Say it heals like it does now, or make the bandage heal a flat amount + % of max health of the pet so it actually does something on both low and high health pets. But then when the bandage is applied, give the pet a much bigger passive health regen. Cancelled upon taking damage.

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
They should consider adding something like heal over time to the bandage when applied to a pet as well as making the healing scale a bit on % of health.

Say it heals like it does now, or make the bandage heal a flat amount + % of max health of the pet so it actually does something on both low and high health pets. But then when the bandage is applied, give the pet a much bigger passive health regen. Cancelled upon taking damage.
I like this idea, be able to heal as long as out of dmg sounds good to me, percentage based too.

@Henrik Nyström pls boss :)

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Agreed, but we still have a persistent problem with going off a small ledge, losing 75% of health on your horse out in the wild and unless you have a healer, you're in for a lot of bandaging or really annoying Wolfbrush healing.
Sure but you can't balance something like pet healing around that situation, last thing we need is pets with more hp/healing lol

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020

Great idea. There definitely needs to be more gradual heal over time out of combat (after a delay) for pets. Especially for new players, having your horse at not 100% health is much more likely to happen to them as they might have been attacked by animals/ridden off a ledge, already be frustrated, then a PKer comes by and shoots their horse out from under them with one shot (and losing a horse is a bit deal for a new player).

Horses should basically be easily brought back to 100% health when out of combat for an extended period of time through some mechanic is the summary. Even just like much faster passive regen after say 3-5 minutes from the previous last hit (so it doesn't affect PvP and trying to get away, but just being able to top them off prior to your next encounter out in the wild more easily.

Players can sit to recover health to max, bandages are for incidental healing in combat. Veterinary should operate the same, it's for if you get some breathing space during combat, can heal your horse a bit, but should not be the only option to heal an animal who's been hurt during a long travel.

Reactions: bbihah and Maxisan

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I made that miracle of wolfbrush vid as a joke because I thought it was a WAI feature, turns out it wasn't and they took it out. MAN. That sucks. It wasn't really reliable in a clutch moment, but being able to grab WB anywhere and feed your horse to get about 100 hp back if it was hungry was v nice. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE GOOD THINGS.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Great idea. There definitely needs to be more gradual heal over time out of combat (after a delay) for pets. Especially for new players, having your horse at not 100% health is much more likely to happen to them as they might have been attacked by animals/ridden off a ledge, already be frustrated, then a PKer comes by and shoots their horse out from under them with one shot (and losing a horse is a bit deal for a new player).

Horses should basically be easily brought back to 100% health when out of combat for an extended period of time through some mechanic is the summary. Even just like much faster passive regen after say 3-5 minutes from the previous last hit (so it doesn't affect PvP and trying to get away, but just being able to top them off prior to your next encounter out in the wild more easily.

Players can sit to recover health to max, bandages are for incidental healing in combat. Veterinary should operate the same, it's for if you get some breathing space during combat, can heal your horse a bit, but should not be the only option to heal an animal who's been hurt during a long travel.
Heck, have a passive health regen bonus from bandage unless damaged and have the graze command return and have that give a health regen bonus as well. That way you could idle your pet for a bit and it actually does something.

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
With a 100 point investment you should be able to either heal a bit more or at least let you do it while mounted

Reactions: EZgold

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I made that miracle of wolfbrush vid as a joke because I thought it was a WAI feature, turns out it wasn't and they took it out. MAN. That sucks. It wasn't really reliable in a clutch moment, but being able to grab WB anywhere and feed your horse to get about 100 hp back if it was hungry was v nice. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE GOOD THINGS.
Anything that makes life for the player easy will get nerfed. Don't share anything, its a lesson I never learn.

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
if I have a bear with 600 hp, and currently 40 vet I have no idea how long it would take me to heal it from 100 to full hp. It could be 10 minutes or more depending how many 1s I get.

Current veterinary does not work, period.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Anything that makes life for the player easy will get nerfed. Don't share anything, its a lesson I never learn.

yea and it wasn't OP cuz it's not like you could save your horse with it, it was just like quality of life. The fact that it's such a grabass to heal your pets is so ridic. I mean dudes in this thread saying pets should regen. THEY DO REGEN, ahaha, but it's SOOOOO SLOWWW. I've seen ticks of 1 or 2 hp in an hour or so, I think. Wolfbrush made sense because it was available and you had to dismount, pick (slowly, I think they made it pick even slower/less) and then keep your horse hungry enough to be able to get a decent heal out of it.

Can't cook heal horse food (afaik?), can't pot horses, wolfbrush no longer heals that much. That's why I tell people who say MO has a toxic griefy community... just wait til you play the game haha. All of my instances of abject RAGE were due to bugs, crashes, or just bad mechanics.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
I always thought it was silly that a pet couldn't rest while its owner rested to regain hp. You shouldn't need to carry around a zillion bandages or calamine to be a beast master outside combat, unless animals aren't capable of resting in Nave

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
if I have a bear with 600 hp, and currently 40 vet I have no idea how long it would take me to heal it from 100 to full hp. It could be 10 minutes or more depending how many 1s I get.

Current veterinary does not work, period.

Vet was implemented maybe 2 or so patches ago, someone should bring this up in Henrik's stream, see what he says (I will if I get the chance). Tho I'm sure they're pretty focused on bugfixing and stuff for launch but this is the sort of thing that directly hurts the new player experience.

Reactions: Xunila and Maxisan

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
Vet was implemented maybe 2 or so patches ago, someone should bring this up in Henrik's stream, see what he says (I will if I get the chance). Tho I'm sure they're pretty focused on bugfixing and stuff for launch but this is the sort of thing that directly hurts the new player experience.
Please bring it up

Rhias

May 28, 2020

In they past he said in some streams that Veterinary should be the superior way to heal bigger beasts instead of magic.
But now it's exactly the opposite.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'd chalk it up to being a very careful and early implementation and advice to continue to suggest ways to improve it. Rather than excessively complain about it without constructive criticism. If you actually want it to get better.

Reactions: Najwalaylah