Veteran Points? What's the news on this? Henrik or anyone say anything yet?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I'm thinking there is 4 possibilities here.

1.) Monthly Subs get points to unlock capes as they did in MO1.

2.) We get more Action Points and Profession Points

3.) Veteran Points are used for special skills/professions that can only be leveled up and unlocked with Veteran Points.

4.) A Specialization Tree to add onto the already existing Archtypes Foot Fighter, Mage, Tamer ,Archer ,MA, MC, MM, Hybrids.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
My understanding was that you'd get up to 200 action or profession skill points.

In the current disabled veteran points dialog one can see three circles, the one on top with a book inside, both others with icons for action skills and for profession skills. The disabled texts on both sides are "20/100". So this could really be a hint about additional skill points for both skill trees.

With something like 10 additional points per subscribed month we would have another reason to pay and to play. But this is not "p2w" because nobody has to pay an extra fee to get those points. They are simply available for all long term players.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Unless they make it so you get progress by pre-purchased months, that'd be pretty terrible.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hielo

Oct 5, 2021
How is it p2w , if you need to pay anyway to play... and if you play more and have active sub then you still have an advantage over someone that stoped playing because of how dynamic the game world anyway

Reactions: Xunila

Jokoal

Apr 17, 2021
I believe, and hope, it will simply give us more skill points to sink into things after we've already gotten X amount of skills to 100.

I'd also hope that the three groups would be: Combat & physical skills, magic & knowledge (hopefully material lores), and crafting & harvesting & refining.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I see how its not fair to have people who started to play later not have their vet points. Henrik said he sees this and at least will have catch up mechanics which I think is fine and good aslong as people are not hard disadvantage by not playing from the start and keeping a sub.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
One way to do it would be that from release it caps the progress of vet points to whatever month it is.(1,2,3 etc) meaning you can't prebuy months to get ahead. But if after say 3 months or so, if you sub 3 months you catch up. But then the question is if those 3 months will be worth 6 months vet or just the 3🤷. Since those 3 months would get you to month 6 technically.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Veteran Points?

Wasn't there going to be some sort of transfer of wealth or status from MO-1 into MO-2, or was that idea scrapped as well? I dunno, I don't keep up with the news here anymore.
Damn when and where did you read this? That would be amazing.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Veteran Points?

Wasn't there going to be some sort of transfer of wealth or status from MO-1 into MO-2, or was that idea scrapped as well? I dunno, I don't keep up with the news here anymore.

Good question! I have been wondering if the vet points is where that is going to tie in as well.

But have not heard anything about it for some time.

Hayasa

Aug 26, 2020
I'm thinking there is 4 possibilities here.

1.) Monthly Subs get points to unlock capes as they did in MO1.

2.) We get more Action Points and Profession Points

3.) Veteran Points are used for special skills/professions that can only be leveled up and unlocked with Veteran Points.

4.) A Specialization Tree to add onto the already existing Archtypes Foot Fighter, Mage, Tamer ,Archer ,MA, MC, MM, Hybrids.
You recommending a pay to win system with Vet points?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
You recommending a pay to win system with Vet points?
Not exactly if you are talking about my 1st example those old vet points were only for cosmetic capes that did nothing. But also this game isn't going to be F2P anymore, except if you only stay in Haven. So basically the whole game is pay to play now anyways.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
transfer anything (capes too) from MO1 to MO2 would be one of the most ridiculous things that can happen to MO2. (it will happen when i understand Henrik right)

explain that to people who had no chance to play MO1 or vets who lost their account logins or dont want to connect their old MO1 account(s).

you rly must have a small ePepe that you want "your fame" transfered to a new game where everyone should have the same fundament just to make new players jealous and show off your childish superiority. "vets" (people who subbed) have more knowledge which is advantage enough.

Last edited: