Valheim sell over 4 million copies in just a few weeks.

Parethias

Mar 18, 2021
I have been giving this game a try for a couple weeks and it checks a lot of boxes for me.

With major minus lacking first person view, open pvp and a single world for everyone.

I know they are two different types of games, but if mortal had the gameplay of this EA game along with its own core then it would be unbeatable.

I agree. I picked up Valheim the day it went on sale. I like it very much. Being able to play with family and show off our builds, go on epic adventures, while braving the high seas in a longboat is sooo much fun.

The one thing I do hate (and I figure they will adjust it) is the death penalty. You take a 5% hit to all skills each time outside you die outside of the "no skill drain" status. I don't recall how long this lasts after your first death, but it's not long enough. I am a bit sick of working any skill up to 30ish of 100 and in one evening end up with 15 or 20 by the end of the evening.

Infuriating.

The only way to fix the wrong is to use admin privileges (aka built-in cheat) and set your skills to the desired number.

I guess I'll go die more in MO2 :cool::p

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I agree. I picked up Valheim the day it went on sale. I like it very much. Being able to play with family and show off our builds, go on epic adventures, while braving the high seas in a longboat is sooo much fun.

The one thing I do hate (and I figure they will adjust it) is the death penalty. You take a 5% hit to all skills each time outside you die outside of the "no skill drain" status. I don't recall how long this lasts after your first death, but it's not long enough. I am a bit sick of working any skill up to 30ish of 100 and in one evening end up with 15 or 20 by the end of the evening.

Infuriating.

The only way to fix the wrong is to use admin privileges (aka built-in cheat) and set your skills to the desired number.

I guess I'll go die more in MO2 :cool::p

Nice! This is what me and my wife do as well. We both build in are own worlds but sometimes go visit to see what the other has done or to go on some type of mission together. Clearing villages and dungeons, hunting sea serpents, exploring, ect..

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I lost my boar family to the foul swamp invasion or whatever, I was so pissed. About 10-15 sows, piglets and boars. I was about to quit and make a new seed, then I just decided to download a mod that lets me transport refined metals through the portals, ahaha, that swamp is getting terraformed. Should be pretty fun.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah, I had my pig farm wiped once as well. Have yet bothered to get more pigs. I figured I get plenty of meat just roaming and I can use the vegies in other food instead of feeding pigs.

I have seen a few things in vids that looked like they may be using mods or something. But I have not got into that yet.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I knew this was going to happen. I dont even want to play Valheim with MO2 up and running. Id rather sit in que than stream Valheim :mad:

Reactions: BongRips

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I am still bouncing between the two. I never expected Valheim to replace MO, though It did provided plenty of entertainment for the low one time price.

Reactions: Avenoma

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Are you not concerned Valheim will become repetitive and boring after about a month? I have a bias because I do not like that kind of game at all so I cannot view it objectively
It definitely does become boring. No large scale persistent world. MO really becomes interesting with politics and player interactions which you just don't get in valheim besides your group of friends

Reactions: Amadman and Avenoma