Understanding Food Stats?

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
(Posted this in Discord but was only able to get confirmation on the Direct Healing portion. Still looking for answers on the rest, especially HoT ticks and what the burn rate of hunger is when you're eating food.)

Need help making sure I'm understanding food stats correctly please. With this example (beer, of course), there's Direct Healing of .180. Is that for every .01kg (or 1 unit) drank? So if I drank .1kg (10 units) I would receive 1.8 HP?

Also, how does HOT and HL work? In this example, I would get .028 HP over 2.130 seconds? Is the tick by 1 second or .1 or .01 or .001 of a sec? Does each .01kg (1 unit) ingested add a full additional HOT or just time or what?

Final question (sheesh, I know), how many units of hunger does .01kg (1 unit) of food burn? I ate 10 units of a different kind of beer than example and it burnt 57 units of hunger. Is this different across different kinds of food? What determines how much hunger you lose when eat food?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Nothing to understand, it's placeholder garbage.
HOT works but it's not worth doing anything with it any effect it's negligent and extremely expensive to pull out.

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
Well darn. That's not good.

Still curious about the mechanic and how often HOT ticks/how they stack are if anyone knows... as well as my hunger question.

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
I'm not 100% sure on these but it's what I think I observed.

Direct Healing works per unit. So eating 10 units of .180 DH would mean you heal 1.8.

Heal over time with healing length is by tick and I can tell you that 1 tick is not 1 second. I don't know what the timing is or how we're supposed to figure it out.

Every unit you eat is around 6 hunger. The 10 you ate and noticed 57 is close enough.

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
I'm not 100% sure on these but it's what I think I observed.

Direct Healing works per unit. So eating 10 units of .180 DH would mean you heal 1.8.

Heal over time with healing length is by tick and I can tell you that 1 tick is not 1 second. I don't know what the timing is or how we're supposed to figure it out.

Every unit you eat is around 6 hunger. The 10 you ate and noticed 57 is close enough.

Great info! Thank you!

I wonder if there is a way to pump up direct healing so it is not negligible. I mean I guess 18 hp from 100u is not negligible... but I'd love to make some food you can eat to heal with.

Seems the HOT needs some explanation still. I'm wondering if maybe alchemists might have the answer since it is in potions as well. Maybe it would require one experimenting with alchemy working on making a potion with only HOT and HL to experiment. Not sure that's possible with food. Maybe I'll buy a few weight loss potions and mess around to see if I can tell what it does.

Ahhh.. makes sense on the hunger. Thank you. Now I can do some additional calculations on how much nourishment/healing/etc. you could get depending on your hunger and such.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
HoT/health food is not bad, blood kua, ey? You'd have to super juice it, though, my idea of getting HoT w/ long healing length (prol the only interesting thing you can do with cooking) would require more mats. Def need some good aloe to start, but there are a lot of HoT things and it's very possible to get a pretty long healing length, but getting the actual heal enough to matter is more tough and would require more mats.

I forgot what the hunger tick was, but I'm pretty sure it was the same in MO1.

Test it by dmging yourself and eating 10 units!

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast