Twitch Stream March 24th 2022 Summary

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Hello Everyone, I wanted to start posting these here and keeps comments open. Thank you

Twitch Stream March 24th 2022 Summary

Update Tomorrow

We plan on having an update tomorrow morning (Sweden Time) to monitor some changes before the weekend. We will be removing Alt 2 but keeping Alt 1 on the backend incase we need to reapply it due to instability. We are going to be monitoring traffic and our network with only the Main server active. If we find that we run into issues, we will re-enable Alt 1 and/or revert to an alternate version of our patch that has different network settings.

What the patch will contain

- A possible fix for the invisible weapon bug
- Rendering of names will be increased, the armor of the player will still render at the same or similar rate
- We will be adding dynamic spawners that will add wildlife and mobs around the world in spots heavily traveled
- Guild spam invites will also be removed. You will have to go to the guild menu to accept invites
- Pet attack fixes to larger creatures. Most pets should be able to attack larger creatures without issue
- Duel flagging has been updated. This is mostly with pets. Pets properly work in duels and not flag the owner criminal.
- 20m between house placements has been added.
- More network optimizations as mentioned above
- Level streaming lines around Bakti have been fixed/reduced
- Thursar Clade warcries have been fixed, they should also display properly in you UI
- Wood materials on bows now properly show
- Vessel boss not resetting properly has been addressed
- Light weapons were not attacking at the intended speed, they now work as intended. (THEY ARE FASTER).

Early Roadmap Sneak Peak

For the last few weeks we have mentioned that we plan to show you the roadmap. Instead of revealing nothing, we wanted to show you a list of points that we plan to focus on in the next 6 to 7 months. This is no particular order. We plan to finalize some dates and share that with you very soon. We appreciate your patience with awaiting these exciting features.

TC Construction (First pack was voted #1 priority by the community in a recent stream)

Bounty and Flagging System

Necromancy

Beast Mastery

Trinkets (Rings and Amulets)

Thievery Clade Respec (Likely in the first next content patch) Mounted

Archery Wobbling & Archery Skills

Dungeons and Bosses Housing Functions (Likely in the first next content patch)

Siege Mechanics

Table Games

Gore System

Decoration Package

Alchemy Effects

Guard/Vendor Commands

Veteran System Wagons (Not Waggons)

Ships (Likely last on the list)

Pet Equipment (This includes more rideable pets)

Buy Orders

Extra

There will never be a PvP Toggle in MO2. It is not part of the sandbox design

Tzone

May 16, 2021
- Guild spam invites will also be removed. You will have to go to the guild menu to accept invites
already works this way.

Reactions: Amadman

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
So still no thievery on the horizon? All I saw was the thievery clade respec, unless I've missed something.

Also, the last point was a great way to finish off the summary for the playerbase for whom this game was entirely designed for.

The time frames havent been released, i have no insight of when for thievery

Reactions: Najwalaylah

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
It would make a lot of sence to add veteran system at the same time as the subscription is enabled. Otherwise it would have to be tracked later down the road (which I'm just assuming could cause a lot of issues if not done properly) or just make an excuse that subbed time before vet system realese don't count which would upset everyone who supported the game.

I feel like this shoudn't be underestimated, a lot of people are able to even permanently quit which would be a shame.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
thanks for the summary - nice to see that the forum is being used once again for official stuff :p hope it stays like this.

Reactions: CherryKush

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It would make a lot of sence to add veteran system at the same time as the subscription is enabled. Otherwise it would have to be tracked later down the road (which I'm just assuming could cause a lot of issues if not done properly) or just make an excuse that subbed time before vet system realese don't count which would upset everyone who supported the game.

I feel like this shoudn't be underestimated, a lot of people are able to even permanently quit which would be a shame.

I could be wrong, but I do not think the veteran system is going to be something tied to subs this time.

Reactions: Najwalaylah