True stories from the road

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
This has been a unusually funny/weird evening for Nullius the Armorer of the ElhazradShop

On the road going to Fabernum from Tindrem.
Met a lightly armored rider and said Gday. He rode in front of me and blocked the road.
We greeted and I tried to sell him some horse gear.
He said you must be rich.
I said no, I'm just a trader, an armorer, you?
Olkan answered: a bandit.
I asked if he was working right now, he was on a break. I said goodbye and hurried on to Fabernum.

On the way back to Tindrem, near pig farm, I came across his corpse on the road.

After Pig Farm I met a group of 4 heavy armored mounted riders.
They blocked the road and shouted "HALT!"

I stopped and they demanded coin to let me pass. I ofc offered up my coin and tried to sell them horsegear. The BlackTeam didnt want my merchandise and I continued toward Tindrem.

Nearing the wall, I got restless. They should have bought my stuff, they needed it,

I turned back to look for them, no luck and I had to return.

At the gates I saw them and shouted that I wanted my gold back.
Their leader immedietely offered it up.
I demanded that he buy my horsebags, but he said no and rode away.

Charging after him with sword drawn I yelled: buy my stuff or else!
He halted, apologised and bought two high quality bags on credit. Then he said SORRY and they all rode away.

Slightly confused I rode to Tindrem and finished my journey.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
This has been a unusually funny/weird evening for Nullius the Armorer of the ElhazradShop

On the road going to Fabernum from Tindrem.
Met a lightly armored rider and said Gday. He rode in front of me and blocked the road.
We greeted and I tried to sell him some horse gear.
He said you must be rich.
I said no, I'm just a trader, an armorer, you?
Olkan answered: a bandit.
I asked if he was working right now, he was on a break. I said goodbye and hurried on to Fabernum.

On the way back to Tindrem, near pig farm, I came across his corpse on the road.

After Pig Farm I met a group of 4 heavy armored mounted riders.
They blocked the road and shouted "HALT!"

I stopped and they demanded coin to let me pass. I ofc offered up my coin and tried to sell them horsegear. The BlackTeam didnt want my merchandise and I continued toward Tindrem.

Nearing the wall, I got restless. They should have bought my stuff, they needed it,

I turned back to look for them, no luck and I had to return.

At the gates I saw them and shouted that I wanted my gold back.
Their leader immedietely offered it up.
I demanded that he buy my horsebags, but he said no and rode away.

Charging after him with sword drawn I yelled: buy my stuff or else!
He halted, apologised and bought two high quality bags on credit. Then he said SORRY and they all rode away.

Slightly confused I rode to Tindrem and finished my journey.
Did "buying on credit" involve having a blade to your throat and did he pay the credit eventually?

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Nullius the Armorer

Fabernum. Delivering a package, buying coke and trying to sell horsetack and other gear.
Kranesh. A naked dwarf and a cheaply clad fellow at the equarry. Advertised my merchandise and the oghmir immedietely drew a bow and startet firing.
Hit him over the head and rode off. Tended the horse and returned only to receive more arrows. Never give up and I tried a third time to enter town.
Found the other fellow at the bank, he was hurt. Dismounted and charged a healing spell, at the same time an arrow hit him and he fell.
Another arrow at my horse, I cast the spell, mounted and left town in a disorderly fashion.

Tindrem road. Met Jaras and sold him horsetack for 200silver, on credit. To be mailed or collected.
At pig farm, met Malajim of Furia. Sold him 1 set of rogue armor and 1h steel sword. 900 silver to be mailed or collected.
Unfortunately, seconds after I handed him the sword, two mounted brigands, a mage and EXOTICA a hammer wielding heavy fighter, descended on us.
After finishing the deal I drew and went for the mage who quickly drew back. Hurting like hell I managed to get behind the house and heal somewhat.
The fighter and my customer came running while exhanging blows. In what should have been an easy 2v1, I failed 2 parries and was down.

Someone even reported me to the authorities and my formerly spotless reputation now has a single spot.

Only consolation was that I finished the deal and now have two more names on the debitor list.
To be collected.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Nullius the Armorer

On the Tindrem road. Met a large group of Artisans. They hailed and I haltet. I knew one of them was on the list, but while perusing it and looking them over, they challenged me to give them my horse.
I ofc drew my sword and attacked the challenger. Dismounted, I moved to kill my horse to deny them of that, last thing I heard, before the darkness, was them shouting "you would kill your own horse."
A few days later in Tindrem, I saw the same group and stopped to look them over. They immedietely surrounded me and someone said "you should have surrendered your horse", I drew my sword and they dispersed.

In the wilderness. Met Mystica, sorely in need of horsetack, riding without even a saddle. Hailing her, she continued. After a long chase and a corrupt she finally halted. Sold a horsearmor and small bags for 3g on credit. to be mailed in tindrem within a week. or collected.

Outside Tindrem
Met some of Malajims companions. They were in aggressive posture and I decided to meet it with the same. I demanded that their friend pay his debts. One shot an arrow at me and another gave me 1g. I replied that the debt is 9g.
They knocked me over and left me bleeding.
7g added to Malajims account for time and cost spent collecting.

Another day where profits/debt assets gained excede expenses.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Hey mate im Malajim!!, great history was sooo fun, i must pay you, dont worry about it :)
Hi, yes that pig farm incident was a fun situation. I wonder, did you survive the attack at pig farm?

btw, all debts have been cleared and the Elhazrad twins are now adventurers, not merchants. Maybe they get an arrow to the knee and become merchants again, time will tell.

Malaquito

Dec 2, 2021
i tried help you without success, but i fight like a lion vs the two raiders and i died finally jeje

Nice to know we are with the debt paid :)(y)

I hope yours aventures and knees go well, see you in Nave mate

Reactions: Nefnate