Thusars need some love

Do Thusars need love?

• Total voters

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Hi all, for me it feels like thusars are in the worst spot right now, alvarin human and oghmirs are feeling really round and good.
My ideas to buff thusars: remove styganthropes 35% healing debuff, add a few attribute points overall, add + 3 max str, (Thur kal need to be the strongest :p)
Add some movement speed to the thusar warcry, so it gives you dmg + some movement to engage well.
How do you feel about thusars right now?

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Hi all, for me it feels like thusars are in the worst spot right now, alvarin human and oghmirs are feeling really round and good.
My ideas to buff thusars: remove styganthropes 35% healing debuff, add a few attribute points overall, add + 3 max str, (Thur kal need to be the strongest :p)
Add some movement speed to the thusar warcry, so it gives you dmg + some movement to engage well.
How do you feel about thusars right now?
Yeha the healing debuff is a problem because noone is skilling this because 35%heal debuff is just to much and not worth the 2health points each 10seconds.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Yeha the healing debuff is a problem because noone is skilling this because 35%heal debuff is just to much and not worth the 2health points each 10seconds.
I think if it’s like 10% debuff people would MAYBE grab it. But right now.... just no 😔

Reactions: Speznat

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yes, pls remove the healing nerf on passive regen. Thats like if alvarin speed buff clade gift gave negative damage bonus. The point in clade gifts is to give an advantage, not a trade off. The trade off is picking your gifts, and picking the race.

and technically speaking, the passive heal gift should make bandages better. any weird ability that makes one heal wounds quickly would stack well with bandaging. If you bandaged like a legend and had passive regen a nerf to magic healing could make sense. But in its current state its not even a benefit.

Same with the melee damage reduction gift. Oghmir have the gift to take reduced physical damage. It has no cons. Why does thursar 10% melee reduction give 10% more damage from magic? If it would be too strong make it 5% melee damage with no downsides.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Yes, pls remove the healing nerf on passive regen. Thats like if alvarin speed buff clade gift gave negative damage bonus. The point in clade gifts is to give an advantage, not a trade off. The trade off is picking your gifts, and picking the race.

and technically speaking, the passive heal gift should make bandages better. any weird ability that makes one heal wounds quickly would stack well with bandaging. If you bandaged like a legend and had passive regen a nerf to magic healing could make sense. But in its current state its not even a benefit.

Same with the melee damage reduction gift. Oghmir have the gift to take reduced physical damage. It has no cons. Why does thursar 10% melee reduction give 10% more damage from magic? If it would be too strong make it 5% melee damage with no downsides.
Don't forget the thursars physical damage reduction buff turns into a magic damage reduction buff when activated.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Don't forget the thursars physical damage reduction buff turns into a magic damage reduction buff when activated.
it also looks bugged, have you every healed a thusar with adamant? it feels like they get 10% less heal and gett 10% more magic damage, wich is huge, a fat mage of our guild was fulminating / flamestriking me for 91/90 + your a big target, and ur easy to hit with magic. iam already playing veela again, cause its more fun right now. like i said, humans / veelas / oghmirs are feeling good to play, thusars need a little buff, but just my opinion. would love to see yours :)

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I disagree that Thursar should get a speed buff. Thursar is not supposed to be fast.
IMHO they should covert the life steal into a passive that stacks depending on how long the Thursar is infight.
yeah also a cool idea, or somthing like "blood bath" clade, if you kill someone you gain x amount of health / and or stam

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They should let thursars bandage be at least 70% as effective when they have the passive gain clade. Or have them take longer to bandage instead.
Its bad QoL to get that clade and its only good in duels.

They need more rep too.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
They should let thursars bandage be at least 70% as effective when they have the passive gain clade. Or have them take longer to bandage instead.
Its bad QoL to get that clade and its only good in duels.

They need more rep too.
its 65% self heal right now, 5% more is still unuseable in my opinion.

Reactions: Rhias

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
A little love on the profession side would be nice they fall quite short in that area compared to the other races.

Reactions: Banespike

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I personally think they can be a tad bit more creative with the regen clade.
Maybe something like 40% of all healing taken is done over x time instead as well as the health regen, maybe increase the healing amount of heal over time effects by X% while reducing direct healing by 5-10%? This makes heal prepping a thursar for rushing in a thing as about half of the heal might come when the thursar has actually sustained damage vs when he might have been full. This makes corrupt a much stronger counter to thursars which really only buffs the strength of purifying potions and the purify spell. Its also entirely optional.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
This clade gift presents itself as the "berserker" type option. Right now it does seem low but I can see why it's as low as it is. Any stronger and the passive healing would outweigh the need to rest or recover outside of combat (e.g. just doubling the effect would give you 40hp every minute passively). I'd suggest instead to keep it how it is but target a specific HP threshold to give it a buff in that while below 15% HP, double this effect to be 6.66hp every 10 seconds. This self healing would be more impactful in a crucial time of a fight while still being in a 10second window, meaning the thursar would still need to play defensive to avoid being finished off in that time.

Considering this effect is passive self healing, the 35% healing received debuff is absolutely warranted.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ive been looking at builds and I think that both thursar and human might need to increase their max dex by one, maybe two.

Just add it to the human and have that the reasoning why all thursars also get 1 extra max dex. Would make a couple of builds more competitive with other races if you want to go stout as human/thursar.

Both human and thursar are underperformers. But you have a lot of role players who play human.