Things that need to be changed in MO 2's combat

TheTyGuy

May 28, 2020
-Normal Parrying system is not as accurate as it should be it takes a lot of movement to change directions and its really slow. This needs to be tweaked (Same goes for offensive swings its just too slow)

-Pressing V or Left Alt for middle parry or overhead parry is delayed it registers the last directional movement instead of the the button presses if you go to fast .

-Reduce blocking to 270 and lower it if it needs changing.

-Handle hit damage needs to be reduced. Right now you can do 14-40 damage from handle hits alone. The game should reward players for correctly landing hits instead of whoever lands them first.

-The damage of a weapon should be proportionate to the charge up circle so the dmg should scale up with the charge timer.

Examples:
The reason why this is a huge issue is the fact that if you would want to sticky back a player you might aswell click to save time instead of waiting for the halfway point of the charge circle and if you wait for the full charge it is so long that it makes it worthless. (changing this would increase total dps for players which will decrease the time to kill)

single click hit:

half circle hit:

both of these hits dealt the same damage.

-Change the full charge timer since it takes so long for the weapon to charge to full because pretty much the entire community thinks the full swing charge is too long.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I see now why they opted for the really slow swing charges, to emphasize parrying and counter hits.

I'm fine with that, but it is so slow that it is really hard to break someones guard.

they need to fix all the inputs then like you said.

Experimental is great for parrying but sucky for attacking

Regular mouse sucks for parrying but is great for attacking.

And yeah why can you hit for 8 on a fully charged swing sometimes in the arm.

Trying to throw a stab in to your flurry is ass because of the delay.

So in other words /sign

RedWolvez

Jul 7, 2020
-Normal Parrying system is not as accurate as it should be it takes a lot of movement to change directions and its really slow. This needs to be tweaked (Same goes for offensive swings its just too slow)

-Pressing V or Left Alt for middle parry or overhead parry is delayed it registers the last directional movement instead of the the button presses if you go to fast .

-Handle hit damage needs to be reduced. Right now you can do 14-40 damage from handle hits alone. The game should reward players for correctly landing hits instead of whoever lands them first.

-The damage of a weapon should be proportionate to the charge up circle so the dmg should scale up with the charge timer.

Examples:
The reason why this is a huge issue is the fact that if you would want to sticky back a player you might aswell click to save time instead of waiting for the halfway point of the charge circle and if you wait for the full charge it is so long that it makes it worthless. (changing this would increase total dps for players which will decrease the time to kill)

single click hit:

half circle hit:

-Change the full charge timer since it takes so long for the weapon to charge to full because pretty much the entire community thinks the full swing charge is too long.
Also I believe it will be good to add this system when in combat, while you charge the swing, the camera should be limited to slow down so to avoid circle too much, resulting a better dps and dynamic as well.

/sign

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth

Examples:

single click hit:

half circle hit:

Nice Job SiR!!

Dont forget the weapons swinging through people if the attacker has a higher latency. They wont connect to lower latency.

Mhmmm... 240 on the blocks. Our vision isnt 270, 120 is fair but understanding gaming, 240. It gives enough to have a solid back hit box without being able to half turn for blocks behind you. Which shouldn't be possible even irl.

Lasty the responding time for higher latency is way slower than anyone with low latency. They can litterly attack and block at the same time on with the latency I have. I'll need to get some video to show this. But I attack at the same time as someone. They hit me and get the parry off too.

Not to mention the weapons feel like they lack range. A nearly 6' sword in the game doesnt feel like it's any near 6'.

Reactions: Monco

PatWins

May 28, 2020
One big one is continuing to improve that movement desync. As MO1 players were all used to it. However, from a new player perspective it looks pretty unpolished when you get hit in the back and turn around to see them 20 feet away. Eventhough on their screen they are right on top of you.

We're aiming for a high quality title with the masses in mind. Little things like this won't be painted in a positive light by the average Steam consumer.

Really hoping for some big improvements in this area before release.

Reactions: Rolufe and Bicorps

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
To be fair you head hit with the single click and arm hit with the charged one, so same damage isnt that weird.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
To be fair you head hit with the single click and arm hit with the charged one, so same damage isnt that weird.
Hes video was off some. But what he said still happens. I hit someone with the maul for 14 to the arm, then 50, then 40s, it's all over and I only swinging when fully charged. Then repeated test with head hits and it goes from 14 - 120, average 112. The 14 Makes no sense. Also the random equipment hit for 0 when you hit a person seems very odd..

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
One big one is continuing to improve that movement desync. As MO1 players were all used to it. However, from a new player perspective it looks pretty unpolished when you get hit in the back and turn around to see them 20 feet away. Eventhough on their screen they are right on top of you.

We're aiming for a high quality title with the masses in mind. Little things like this won't be painted in a positive light by the average Steam consumer.

Really hoping for some big improvements in this area before release.
Yes its kinda shit thinking you got away from a swing, then get hit, turn and notice they are out of hit range...

Reactions: Rolufe