The Tendrimic "battle mage"

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I understand SV doesnt wanto work on balancing right now because of "rear end" issues kek.

However ive taken a look at all the clades in the game and humans seem to have the "worst" for battling. every other race has a power spiking or drematicly large life saving ability while humans recieve a "cleanse".

the lore states the tindrimic to be powerful battlemages(thinking staff magic) however are outperformed by all other "meta" .
I hope in the future this is adjusted to reflect the lore being as humans seem to be the intellectuals of mo2.

Thursar - tanky - highmelee dmg - huge sustain and battle buff currently imo theeeee best race atm.

Ohgmir - Tanky - highmelee dmg - fat mages - massive heal from ichor pipe

elfguys - Fastafboi - highdexweakspot - age clade - superior skirmishers

Human - jack of all trades but master of none even if trying to spec into one , at this point verrry skill based not completely dogwater but verry few upsides as far as combat goes. cant really dex mage cant really be tanky cant really be a burst mage no sustain.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think it would've made sense to give Humans more trade skills. That way Oghmir = tanky. Thursar = strong melee. Alvarin = Fast. and Humans = Trade. Like more gathering. Etc. But instead they gave those to other races. But yeah humans not really that good. Not like the worst ever I mean it is playable. But in general Alvarin are just better humans

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
  1. Humans get 50 extra profession points
  2. Humans get 10 to ALL lores
  3. Humans get 10 to ALL engineering
  4. Humans get Cleric for 6kg mana regen baseline
  5. (Some) Humans get the largest attribute pool (A tindremene/sarducaan) has 52 more attribute points to spend compared to oghmir for example, and if both clades max their clade attributes, human has 60 more attribute points. That is an insanely large gap which prevents oghmirs from ever having any sort of all-round build, ever)
  6. Humans get decent action skill bonus points as well; enough to compete with any other clades action skill point gifts

Alvarins have decent attribute pool, some thursars do too making them pretty good at hybrid type build as well as their clade specialties but none of these clades can ever be an all-rounder as effectively as a tindremene/sarducaan due to their limited attribute pool potential. The choice is being a master as jack-of-all-trades or a master of one. They will have to either have less speed, less mana and magic potential, less survivability and stamina or less speed than a human hybrid.

Excelling at being a jack-of-all-trades is still excellence.

I, for example. was really looking forward to being an oghmir jack-of all-trades master of none but due to their utterly pathetic attribute pool cap it just wasn't feasible and I had to go tindremene. That's specialization by any other name.

Sure, every choice has a cost and I in no way think the balance of the clades or races is good let alone great but they do have their distinct dispositions.

P.S SV get rid of some of the craptastic gifts in the oghmir tree and replace them with something better you killed my favorite clade

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
humans are sure the best battlemages ... the only thing is ... we need the battlemagic schools ...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I understand SV doesnt wanto work on balancing right now because of "rear end" issues kek.

However ive taken a look at all the clades in the game and humans seem to have the "worst" for battling. every other race has a power spiking or drematicly large life saving ability while humans recieve a "cleanse".

the lore states the tindrimic to be powerful battlemages(thinking staff magic) however are outperformed by all other "meta" .
I hope in the future this is adjusted to reflect the lore being as humans seem to be the intellectuals of mo2.

Thursar - tanky - highmelee dmg - huge sustain and battle buff currently imo theeeee best race atm.

Human - jack of all trades but master of none even if trying to spec into one , at this point verrry skill based not completely dogwater but verry few upsides as far as combat goes. cant really dex mage cant really be tanky cant really be a burst mage no sustain.
Oghmirs and Veelas are the meta. Ogh is just broken AF, while veela has insane clade gifts with the speed and stamina regen.

I would say that thursars are garbage but thats probably only in comparison to Oghs/Veela which are OP. Thursar needs to land hits to use its life steal which is counterable with blocks which are super easy in this game. Thursars are also just lighting rods of pain and take so much free damage because they are big easy targets.

Human is just garbage for real. Even when compared to thursar. The only thing human has going for it PvP wise is mounted skill points.
But Henrik has a spread sheet that tells him a lot of people play human so it must be fine right?

There just couldnt be a bunch of noobs picking Humans for noob reasons while the players with 1000s of hours avoid humans.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
But Henrik has a spread sheet that tells him a lot of people play human so it must be fine right?

There just couldnt be a bunch of noobs picking Humans for noob reasons while the players with 1000s of hours avoid humans.

yah unfortunatly i feel like hes using this data and its scewed... lets say he thinks daggers are fine because so many people use them. its not actually the fact that people are using them because they cant use anything else , wich btw feels horrible if your not a veela dex mage.

adrelik

Feb 8, 2022

Can confirm picked human for noob reasons. It doesn't matter if they are not meta, I'm glad they exist as I like the flexibility of a hybrid with a shit load of attributes and points to throw around.

My personal view on MO2 like many other free roam / open world / open PvP games is that fights are often so situational that the meta builds quite often don't really matter.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
as long as sheevras exist, there is 0 reason to play any tindremic, sarducaan or sidoian based human.

Blainn and Sheevra are the mo2 version of Thurkhur Veela online, change my mind.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Caroen

Mar 14, 2022
  1. Humans get 50 extra profession points
  2. Humans get 10 to ALL lores
  3. Humans get 10 to ALL engineering
  4. Humans get Cleric for 6kg mana regen baseline
  5. (Some) Humans get the largest attribute pool (A tindremene/sarducaan) has 52 more attribute points to spend compared to oghmir for example, and if both clades max their clade attributes, human has 60 more attribute points. That is an insanely large gap which prevents oghmirs from ever having any sort of all-round build, ever)
  6. Humans get decent action skill bonus points as well; enough to compete with any other clades action skill point gifts

Alvarins have decent attribute pool, some thursars do too making them pretty good at hybrid type build as well as their clade specialties but none of these clades can ever be an all-rounder as effectively as a tindremene/sarducaan due to their limited attribute pool potential. The choice is being a master as jack-of-all-trades or a master of one. They will have to either have less speed, less mana and magic potential, less survivability and stamina or less speed than a human hybrid.

Excelling at being a jack-of-all-trades is still excellence.

I, for example. was really looking forward to being an oghmir jack-of all-trades master of none but due to their utterly pathetic attribute pool cap it just wasn't feasible and I had to go tindremene. That's specialization by any other name.

Sure, every choice has a cost and I in no way think the balance of the clades or races is good let alone great but they do have their distinct dispositions.

P.S SV get rid of some of the craptastic gifts in the oghmir tree and replace them with something better you killed my favorite clade

Then why almost no good players play human?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Then why almost no good players play human?
yeah the only reason a good player would play human is if it was a mounted specific build. Even then there are other good alternatives for a mounted build so human isnt the only mounted meta build.

Reactions: Caroen

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
kallards have high hp, but theyre just worse thursars in every way.
khurites barely have any more speed than kallards, and worse con/str.
tindremenes are so squishy because of under 100 con and have the worst stamina in the game.
sarducaans really well rounded but their stats are too close to sheevra.
sidoians are omegalul.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

My human if I reworked my INT and PSY can easily get to 100 INT, and still have a 120-150 Mana to cast from. I also have Mounted Archery maxed, Mounted Magic maxed, foot movement skills maxed, melee skill maxed, one melee weapon maxed, and several other skills high enough to be effective and or self sufficient. While I dont wear the heaviest armor I can wear 11-12kg of armor without any real problems which keeps my mana recharge rate enough to be useful for pocket heals or a corrupt and fulm in a fight. Is it king of the battlefield, no, but am I able to go anywhere in any situation and be just fine, yes.

In conclusion to say humans are useless far from it, they are in a FAR better place than in Mortal Online 1 where they were useless.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
My human if I reworked my INT and PSY can easily get to 100 INT, and still have a 120-150 Mana to cast from. I also have Mounted Archery maxed, Mounted Magic maxed, foot movement skills maxed, melee skill maxed, one melee weapon maxed, and several other skills high enough to be effective and or self sufficient. While I dont wear the heaviest armor I can wear 11-12kg of armor without any real problems which keeps my mana recharge rate enough to be useful for pocket heals or a corrupt and fulm in a fight. Is it king of the battlefield, no, but am I able to go anywhere in any situation and be just fine, yes.

In conclusion to say humans are useless far from it, they are in a FAR better place than in Mortal Online 1 where they were useless.

No where did i say humans are useless , you obviously came to that conclusion yourself however when compared to the other races they do not have an identity. However in the lore the tindremic humans are battlemages.. lets review this again.

orcbois- stronk k?

Elfbois - Fastafbois k?

hairyboi -tanky and stronk k?

humans - we can do things ok?

EvilNice

Feb 16, 2022
Example of my hybrid build, I call it paladin coz of swords + light/heavy armor and magic. Female paladin got every important attribute on 100 in cost of height and 5 attribute points (and she lost some weight and hp on the screen :p)

Attachments

• PalFem.jpg
    PalFem.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 49
  • PalMal.png
    PalMal.png
    570.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Rolufe

Tesius

Jun 8, 2020
Example of my hybrid build, I call it paladin coz of swords + light/heavy armor and magic. Female paladin got every important attribute on 100 in cost of height and 5 attribute points (and she lost some weight and hp on the screen :p)

The human hybrid is a very good support class in a group fight but you have to be a skilled player. Solo they have a hard time. I personally love my human.

EvilNice

Feb 16, 2022
I think the perfect balance for Humans 'Jack of all trades' could be +10 to base attribute points, - 500 instead of 490, and add clade gift +4 perma attribute points to choosen attribute ^^ Cleric perk could gain more x2+

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Imo every other race is eithr tanky fast or strong , make humans the meta mage.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
They make excellent Paladins and great mounted mages (just need better mounts, one day)

Paladin: Damage 26% 106 Str. 90 Dex. 100 Int. You have 190ish health, but you can wear heavy carapace/Steel and take defensives stance. Mental Focus is a priceless ability.

Mounted Mage: Just 4 points short of the 138 Int of Oghmirs. You can wear plate armour and with 45 Dex you still have some control over your mount.

Are they viable options? Yes. Are they the Meta? Probably not as those classes arn't meta.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Hopefully we can see the tindremic battlemage make its way into meta with the staff magic when it gets worked on after necro.