The obligatory f2p thread

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
One word...Spiritism.

As long as you can take spirit boxes which vendor for several gold each you now have an instant travel system that lets you move anywhere and buy anything.
They could just make it so you cant fast travel with spirit boxes or anything else with vendor value. But even then, things likr capes that people can broker. Dopesnt change a lot when all the teleport did was save 10-20 mins. People can still ghost to bakti with capes and sell them on the broker for no risk travel. all teleporting does is save a bit of time.

Because it would be exploited and it would kill the immersion if everyone had it available to them.

The point of the travel as is it is to have consequences, things take time, and should take time. If this game was built on modern gaming standards of ADHD be where ever you want when you want it, it would be a different game.

This game is built on time-play and that things are hard and should take time to accomplish rather than getting that you want immediately. Classic game design.
There's nothing immersive about ghosting across the world dead. And ghosting to a town naked doesnt make you do anything faster once you are alive, so everything would still take time.

Also whats with MO2 players and everything needing 'consequences'? In case you guys forgot, gaming is supposed to be fun. This game puts no effort into being fun. Which is why this week will be the first week of hitting sub 1k daily peak.

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
They could just make it so you cant fast travel with spirit boxes or anything else with vendor value. But even then, things likr capes that people can broker. Dopesnt change a lot when all the teleport did was save 10-20 mins. People can still ghost to bakti with capes and sell them on the broker for no risk travel. all teleporting does is save a bit of time.

There's nothing immersive about ghosting across the world dead. And ghosting to a town naked doesnt make you do anything faster once you are alive, so everything would still take time.

Also whats with MO2 players and everything needing 'consequences'? In case you guys forgot, gaming is supposed to be fun. This game puts no effort into being fun. Which is why this week will be the first week of hitting sub 1k daily peak.

Why the focus on consequences? Because consequences are what makes the game fun and thrilling especially if it relates to danger.

Why do people play DayZ? Tarkov? etc.? -- It's the thrill of possibly making it out big and alive or dealing with the crushing defeat that you have died. If those games had no consequences and no danger they would be run of the mill boring games.

If this game isn't fun to you, I would ask why you are playing it. Games are fun to many of course in varying degrees. Pain is linked to pleasure and so is "fun".

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Why the focus on consequences? Because consequences are what makes the game fun and thrilling especially if it relates to danger.

Why do people play DayZ? Tarkov? etc.? -- It's the thrill of possibly making it out big and alive or dealing with the crushing defeat that you have died. If those games had no consequences and no danger they would be run of the mill boring games.

If this game isn't fun to you, I would ask why you are playing it. Games are fun to many of course in varying degrees. Pain is linked to pleasure and so is "fun".
I feel like MO2 players constantly get danger and consequences mixed up. Yes, people play this game for the thrill of the risk v reward. You might get their stuff, you could loose yours. That is completely different than the 'consequence' of having to ghost across the world to go buy a 50s book, or so you can res and play at a different town. That's not even a consequence, its just a waste of time. And the other 'consequences' this game has, like having to walk to town for 20 mins naked because you have MC, even though your standing is good and the town likes you, and their priest should res you.

Does dayz and Tarkov punish you for killing players? No, thats the point in the game. Its just you can die and lose your stuff. That's not a consequence. Games very rarely need consequences. In games like MO its fair for reds to not be allowed to live in blue towns. But most of the other 'consequences' in the game are just shit and defeat the purpose in the game, and only exist to waste time.

And like 50% of the people on this forum, I already quit because the game doesnt want me to have fun. I'm just hoping that changes before the game dies.