The game needs content prioritized better.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
With the upcoming TC patch and Epic release following after, there needs to be refinement of previous systems, adding much needed balance and adding more long term content and quality of life.

- Dial back on pet & magic content that has occupied the games patch focus for pretty much a year now. It has reached a point where pets are literally everywhere, tribrid builds are all over the show and the addition of trinkets has buffed these aspects, to the point you see more Magic & Pet combat, than actual melee combat - Outside of large fights. Why put so much effort into a detailed Melee system for an MMO, only to leave it half baked since persistent release and have ranged and pet combat dominate the PvP spectrum of the game? More effort should of been put into keeping a stable balance between all areas that affect PvP & PvE. Putting too much focus on one area creates the imbalance issues we have now.

- While it's cool we have these minor POI's being added in number, we need more fleshed out POI's that make people want to revisit. We need multi-dungeon goals like in the first game. Kill X boss, get X key, travel to X dungeon, open X chest/visit X vendor etc To make people travel for rewards. We need more larger world bosses, we need things like Risar, Bandit etc invasions. We need reason for people to be in the world. I know meteors like from MO1 are coming, so that's cool to hear at least. Would be cool for more unique dungeons like the old Vadda trap cap from MO1, or the Demon spawns near MK.

- Time should have also been allocated into respecting aspects of the players time. The preferred method of travel is to suicide and ghost travel, because it takes too long otherwise to move between towns/cities to look for PvP or even do basic farming. No one is really in the world and people just hang in and around towns/cities dueling naked, trolling GY's or standing around AFK. Give a movement buff while on foot and mounted for paved roads, while also giving a lesser movement buff for dirt roads/paths. Add horse shoes, that give an additional buff on roads/paths. Add the ability to teleport to a guild priest and to a designated home priest, to cut back on some aspects of travel after death.

Another thing that needs to be done, is revise the landscape a bit. The map is made up of A LOT of impassable mountains & cliff faces, that forces players to take long paths around to get to basic areas, adding sometimes upwards of 5 - 15 minutes of extra time on travel. Add more animal trails, mountain paths and caves/tunnels. A lot could be done that wouldn't negatively impact the game, but would benefit players significantly, without ruining the risk vs reward aspect.

- We still have a half baked cooking/food system. We need the variety and added complexity of the MO1 systems, with the ability to name our dishes. I also miss being able to make potent horse food.

Now that I got that sperg out of the way, ta ta.

Locke

Oct 30, 2022
It's getting sickening to see so many pets around and builds centered around pets. Might aswell change the whole melee combat system to be tab target. The whole game is now centered around mounted, magic and pet builds.
As someone coming from melee slashers the game has been getting worse and worse with each and every patch for a while now and it's going down a trend which will make sure all players coming from that genre will quit and go back to games where melee combat actually matters.
I guess you'll gain more ark players though with this "Pokemon Online". Pet Armor coming soontm, wow can't wait what a great addition to the game, exactly what was needed right now. Guess the only counter to pets once they get armor? Oh yeah Magic of course, What a joke.
I changed my review from positive to negative and I encourage all melee players to do the same. In most MMOs of this type pets act as support, they are good and useful for PvE but not very strong in PvP. Here somehow they can unilaterally change the tide of a PvP fight, completely killing any fun or player skill in small scale fights.