The Beastmasters and the needed adjustments. (Feedback after long training session against a Beastmaster)

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Here my Beastmaster Feedback. Taming was not a part of the Combat alpha and that´s why this Build need some feedback. Here some footage. The problem is the time between the attacks of the animal. I have nearly no time between the attacks to hit the player. More variety is good, if someone want to play the spear and have a Taurdog, but this Build need some adjustments. Reducing the Action Points would be bad ! That would destroy many builds. What i would like to see is that the Taur Dog only make left and right attacks, if you not have the beastmastery skill. The Lvl 104 Alpha-Towerdog hit me through my Platescales Guardfur Armor for 30 dmg +. That is a bit too strong. Make him hit for 22+ Dmg, if the player not have the beastmastery skill and give the Taurdog a mid attack, if the player have 100 Skillpoints in beastmastery. The character i played against have 100 agressive stance and can drop that for beastmastery. I think the time between the attacks need to be longer and we need an additional skill that reduces the time between the attacks of the animal. Make the animals hit as fast as they are now, if someone have 100 Skillpoints in this new skill that could be named Animal endurence. Another Option would be a increase of time between the attacks and an active Skill for the Hotbar, that give the Taurdog its mid attack and that reduces the time between the attacks.

In addition, I sometimes accidentally block in the middle, even though I actually wanted to block on the right. I block mid and overhead attacks with the Overhead and thrust attack buttom. I would like to disable mid and upper blocks with the mouse through an optinal setting under gameplay for players that use the Overhead and Thrust key to block upwards and mid attacks. I only want to use the mouse to block right and left. My friend told me that he will not play the game till we can use the attack modifier will charge attacks option. You cant use this option till we will be able to bind mid and upper block on seperate Keybindings, becuase the Overhead and Thrust key can no longer be used for blocking if you enable that option, becuase it will charge the attack.
If you turn this option off, you can no longer press Alt + right mouse button to block a medium attack while turning!

Here some more Ideas for Skills that could be drawn on the Hotbar.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
That is now a little off topic. But here are some more examples of things that still need to be balanced a little.
This definitely includes the 1-hand sword and the katana.

The one-handed sword must have an advantage if you play it without a shield. The stamina drain modiefier when a player runs around with his weapon drawn should be greatly reduced for the one-handed sword without a shield.
The jumping penelty for jumping in combat mode should be drastically reduced with the one-handed sword, if it is played without a shield.

Mounted Combat still need some important changes !
Hopefully this feedback will help to further balance all the playstiles.

The Fatmage swims a little too fast and the Ichor pipe should not be usable underwater.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
the tricky part about balancing horses and pets is that someone that has a pet should really have an advantage over someone without a pet or else it wouldn't be worth getting one. It takes a fair amount of time to tame and train a pet and if they were just easily defeated it wouldn't make them worth the effort of getting. So I'm not really sure how to balance pets honestly, but yeah anyway to make it more balanced for everyone is good

Tzone

May 16, 2021
the tricky part about balancing horses and pets is that someone that has a pet should really have an advantage over someone without a pet or else it wouldn't be worth getting one. It takes a fair amount of time to tame and train a pet and if they were just easily defeated it wouldn't make them worth the effort of getting. So I'm not really sure how to balance pets honestly, but yeah anyway to make it more balanced for everyone is good
Pets should not give you a advantage just for having one. They should be a tool just like a sword to be used or like having extra spells on a hot bar.

The best way would to make pets side grades to each other and that you are meant to use them more like abilities and spells that have cool downs then straight up DPS.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

Pets like rare bears are for defending towns. They can be a bit stronger. The all day pets you can get on the way to pvp like Taur Dogs everywhere in the wilderness should be weaker. They should not be that strong all the time, but over a specific period of time, if you activate skills you can drag to the Hotbar. Those skills could boost their attack power over a short period of time, as i recommended in my Link i posted under my Post.