SV announced that tamers get skills for pets, that can be drawn in the Hotbar to balance them. Here my suggestion for skills and how to balance pets.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Atm Pets like white Bears are Op. Skills could balance them.

Pets need to be nerfed and we need get abilities to boost
their effectiveness

1. I think we need wounded animals to move slower.
2. I think we need an exhaustion mechanic for pets. A bear could gain stamina if he hits a player and loose stamina if a player parry a pet. If a player parry the pet several times in a row it should be exhausted for some seconds

3. I think the pet should not hit the player with every hit while running, just when he stands still and parry in the wrong direction or is out of stamina.

Now to the skills to boost their effectiveness over a specific ammount of time with cooldowns

1. Speedboost for a specific ammount of time
2. Skill to make the bear hit the player with every hit while running for a short ammount of time
3. Knockdown with a high CD

Provokate Skill

I think we need a skill, clade Gift or spell to make animals rage for a short ammount of time. During the rage the pet should attack anyone randomly, and that the tamer will loose controll of the pet.
Should only be possible to be casted on a pet if it is send on a player in attack mode, so this mechanic can´t be abused in towns.
Otherwise a player could use that ability on a pet in town and it would get attacked by the guards.

After this provoking skill is used on an animal it should have a resistence against the skill for 2 minutes or so. This immunity should be highlighted with an icon next to the healthbar, or with a different color of the hotbar.

The game should be clearly show if an animal is going into rage mode. A bear could stand up
and yell around.Other animals could just make a loud sound.

Bear-2.jpg

Perhaps the tamer should get a skill for the hotbar to to get back the controll of an animal that have been provokated, but
with a higher cooldown as the provokating ability.

I think pet abilities can be a good way to balance pets and much better idea as to just make them
rarely spawn, becuase this is annoying, if someone travel along way to get a pet. Pets need to be strong but not all the time and just for a specific ammount of time with ways to counter it.

I think the necromancer need some changes aswell. Deathknights should not be ingame. Rather give him the ability to spawn multiple small creatures as some skepetons instead of 1 OP Pet. Silver weapons should do high damage on undead creatures that the necromancer can cast.

Maybe add a dispel spell.

Weakspot hits with a Bow should make more damage on animals. Maybe we should be able to craft arrows with a silver head to make undead creatures more damage ?

What are your ideas ? I think this topic need some feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I think we need a skill, clade Gift or spell to make animals rage for a short ammount of time. During the rage the pet should attack anyone randomly, and that the tamer will loose controll of the pet.
Should only be possible to be casted on a pet if it is send on a player in attack mode, so this mechanic can´t be abused in towns.
Otherwise a player could use that ability on a pet in town and it would get attacked by the guards.
Lose control of the Pet temporarily, in this case? Sounds good.

Reactions: Anabolic Man