[Suggestion] Darkfall Feature : Transfer spells (mana to stam, health to mana, stam to health)

eNola

Mar 27, 2021
Hey there,

I know a lot of people here played at least one Darkfall game. What do you guys think about MO implementing transfer like it was in Darkfall?

For those who don't know how the transfer spells worked, there were 3:
  • Mana to stamina (damages your mana pool and returns missing stamina ),
  • Stamina to Health (damages your stamina pool and returns missing HP),
  • Health to Mana (damages your health and returns your mana).
These three spells were of critical importance in managing your 3 stat pools and ensured you could continue to fight (quickly). They were meant to be used often.

I liked the way combat was in DF, it was really dynamic, and the skill gap between good and bad players was more important I think than MO. Especially with the critical hits when you stickyback (interesting time to kill) and the transfert system (sustain, stats and micro management).

/discuss

• Sad
Reactions: Rorry

JimLit

Nov 20, 2020
Yeah lets definitely implement systems that reward creative use of autohotkey...

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Transfers were aids in DF. I'd prefer them copy the actual good parts of their magic system like projectile spells.

eNola

Mar 27, 2021
Yeah lets definitely implement systems that reward creative use of autohotkey...

I really don't know how you can use AHK with this :eek:

I'd prefer them copy the actual good parts of their magic system like projectile spells

Yeah could be amazing too

But ok, I really thought transfer and TTK was what players liked the most to decuple skill in fight.
Which version did you play ? How long ?

arcana

Apr 8, 2021
Considering you need to put away your weapon to cast magic in this game, the implementation would probably end up being clunky and trash not to mention stamina in this game is nothing like in Darkfall. You mention time to kill but adding transfers would just increase time to kill cause kids would run around spamming stamina to HP regaining tons of stamina.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
While the transfer spells aren't something I'd really like to see just directly cut and pasted over one thing I really did appreciate them was that in Darkfall, part of the process of getting good was eliminating idle time in fights. If there was a break in the action and you were just chasing someone or being chased, and one person took the time to use their transfers, and the other did not, it gave the person who used them properly a huge edge.

There are a couple of mechanics like this in MO2, but overall it feels like there is a lot less to do if there is a temporary break in the action.

I don't think the transfers themselves had much to do with the AHK culture of Darkfall. I used a macro to switch to the staff and skillbar I used them from but I cast them manually. Rather, Darkfall's AHK culture came about because they were some of 100+ abilities on a minimum of three weapon configurations every well built character had to manage.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I really don't know how you can use AHK with this :eek:

Yeah could be amazing too

But ok, I really thought transfer and TTK was what players liked the most to decuple skill in fight.
Which version did you play ? How long ?
Played RoA for a bit. Nowhere near a vet or anything but idk I rather be focused on the actual fight and not some micro managing minigame on the side. It also increases the TTK by alot and its already very long in this game.