Steel refining.

Youdiemelive

Mar 31, 2021
I am to the point in making steel where I need to refine Grain Steel, Coal, and Saburra powder, but it keeps saying I don't have the skill for it. Am I missing an entire skill from a book, or is it just trying to tell me I need to level one up? The only book I can think of that I don't have would be Blast Furnace or something like that, and as far as I can tell, the skills I feel are relevant are leveled. Confused.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
usually that happens when you don't have the main ingredient lore.

in this case, you would probably need

- material lore > metallurgy > basic metals > iron-based alloys > grain steel lore.

you might need also steel lore (also found under iron-based alloys)

for safety I would learn also coal lore and saburra lore (all 10s books).

Youdiemelive

Mar 31, 2021
You got the "refinement" skill?
I'm in queue atm so I will check hopefully soon, but I should have it since I already did the step before this, right? I've already used the refiner once. I'm going to try the material lore as Grasthard suggested and I'll make sure I have refinement.

Youdiemelive

Mar 31, 2021
usually that happens when you don't have the main ingredient lore.

in this case, you would probably need

- material lore > metallurgy > basic metals > iron-based alloys > grain steel lore.

you might need also steel lore (also found under iron-based alloys)

for safety I would learn also coal lore and saburra lore (all 10s books).
I went through them all and it said they were all too simple for me to learn. Besides steel, but I couldn't find a vendor selling that one.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I'm in queue atm so I will check hopefully soon, but I should have it since I already did the step before this, right? I've already used the refiner once. I'm going to try the material lore as Grasthard suggested and I'll make sure I have refinement.
True...