Startmenu high GPU-Usage

Noctrah

Mar 2, 2021
Hey there,

I think many people reported in the open stress test that there GPU is sitting at 100% in the startmenu waiting to get on the servers.
I am also seeing this on my gpu and dont get why is there such an high usage ?
Would like to see you guys fix this before it runs into more problems like with other games happened this days.
I dont think this is a normal behaviour for the gpu doing this.

Greetings

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
This is a fallacy. GPUs don't fry themselves from running at 100%. It is completely normal behaviour to run at 100% when drawing maximum frames in a well optimized game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vulpin

Noctrah

Mar 2, 2021
I agree with you that is is normal to run at 100% and to not fry the GPU.
Especially when you are once in the game, but why is it that high in the login menu (startmenu).
I dont have this in other games, thats the thing I wanted to point out. Also I capped my frames to 58 cause I am playing on a 60 Hz Monitor.
I mean I see a difference on switching the resolutions on 4K I am on 32 FPS, on 1440 i am capped on 58 FPS (both with 100% GPU Usage) and on 1080 i am still capped but with 80% GPU Usage. That all on a 2080 Ti, tbh the login menu is using more power of my gpu as when i am in the world running around. So what animations are causing this high usage ?

There were also a lot of people in the stresstest, having the same issues so I dont think this is cause of my hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah please do something about the main menu. No reason for it to use up so much resources. Main menus in other games attributed by their playerbases to kill parts of their PCs.

Startcraft had a issue with the main menu burning the GPU and now New World on particular GPUs. The New World one is directly linked to people staying in queue for long time but is mostlikley a the cards manufatures fault and not the games. Still it is risky that a card manufacturer might make a defective product and it breaks because of your games menu.

D

Deleted member 44

The MO start menu is rendering an envrionment in the background. Besides looking cool this is rather pointless. Aside from this issue, I've noticed that MO2 UI elements consume massive amounts of GPU performance. This leads me to believe that the UI refresh rate is uncapped when the game is frame rate is uncapped. I would appreciate if they added a UI frame rate cap independent of the world cap.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Heh, my GPU's at about 70% just running my browser. Good to know it's not feeling any strain.
push to another desktop(
My only experience using Virtual Desktops through Microsoft's Power Toys
is from Windows 7, but I don't think you can "push" to the second (or third of fourth) desktop; you might have to start there what you want to run there .

I claim innocence of whether that makes stuff render in the background, or not.