Stamina Regeneration Suggestion

Do you feel like there is enough stamina regeneration for foot characters, across the board?

• Yes, I think so.

• No, I don't think so.

• I have an opinion in the middle, and will post about it without arguing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
There was a lot of discourse when Stamina Penalty for Armour Weight came about. I was of the mind that it was fine, but I also don't PvP a lot. I logged in tonight for a lazy PvE run of the Tindrem Sewers, and got served with some PvP.

First, I was jumped, and it felt like I had no hope to fight OR run due to my stamina already being around half from when the engagement began. No amount of management would help me - granted, it is a hardcore game, and you shouldnt always be able to save yourself.

Second, I asked for a one on one, because I wanted to see how it felt. I didn't bring my A game mind you, I am sleepy and had logged in to be lazy. However, even then, the other person (who clearly seemed more skilled and awake than me) could not really kill me. The entire duel felt boring, though I know the balance of the game is about group fighting...

The stamina felt REALLY gross. After a few clashes, it seemed we had both become exhausted, and stood still for periods to try and regenerate, while throwing the occasional shot. The stamina barely crawled back up. I know, being in the middle of a fight that my sense of time would be skewed, but I acutely remember how horrible it felt. For context, I was in Emalj backed with Leather Tindremic Knight, and my pants were Leather Kallardian (so, far from heavy weight).

This is my suggestion:
  1. Instead of being naked sitting at 100% stamina regeneration, boost it. Have a naked player sit at a higher amount, something like 125%.
    1. This way, adding armor slowly brings you to base. Say something like 8kg is 100% stamina regeneration.
    2. After that, introduce the slow curve of the penalty.

I think the solution should be a blanket increase of stamina regeneration across the board. Clearly not too much, and with the armor system still in tact to some degree. But for the sake of fun, I sincerely think my suggestion or another way of increasing the players capability to engage in prolonged situations need to be considered. It could even be something like adding a regeneration buff after not swinging for X time, or when standing still. I don't know - but, something.

Thoughts? Let's keep it clean and on topic, please. Poll included.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
stam regen over the board should be increased by around 20%-30% for several reasons, but wont make this 1vs1 much better.
have you tryed short bows?

Reactions: Nefnate

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Thresholds were better but not people are like I get the negatives anyway so might as well were the heaviest and take points out of heavy armor. Only really need heavy armor training if you mount.

The main issue is that no one wanted to where armor before because the stam regen penalty made the game feel oppressive if you wore steel. Now most of the game you feel like armor and stam regen is oppressive.

Also makes mounted travel more needed a running places is more tedious when you try to manage you stam when you combat kite to have the max travel speed.
They should have gave positives instead of given negatives when they made changes to stam regen if they wanted lighter armors to be more worth while.

I think that 20-25% would be to much. They should try to aim to get it back to near threshold regen levels then maybe add some % to make light armor better. Along with increasing the threshold to 4kg when the penalty starts.

Reactions: Nefnate