Spiritism and pets

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
John Oldman and I were discussing how pet owners lose their pets pretty easily in combat after taking the time to level the pet or purchase the pet. We discussed an idea that would allow pet owners to have a pet(s) bound to the owner after using the pet for "X" time. The idea is to develop an object that is created by 2 factors. 1. a full medium spirit box combined with 2. an alchemy potion; this combined item would allow the player the ability to resurrect a pet that has died. The player would have to be at the pet bag of the pet that died. We discussed how this might affect the economy with and without breeding. The limiting factors of only being able to resurrect a pet that was bound plus spending the gold on spirit boxes and alchemy as a gold sink. Granted tamers would be adversely affected but on a limited basis. It's just another suggestion. - Dustee

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
There is no need for one other resurrecting pet mechanic in this game. Necromancy already covers that.

All they have to do is re-introduce the automatic pet levelling service at the stable, just like it was in MO1. You could stable pets and pay gold to have them levelled while they were being stored. It was slower than normal levelling but it would continue even while offline. It was great for pets and mounts alike. This current afk dummy training system is retarded.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I am all in for that. Make pets be resurrectable for a certain time at their place of death. For a cost if necesarry.
Give resurected pets a debuff for a few mins so that spamming resurrect is not a thing.
Even if you win the fight as a tamer you most probably lost your pet and so automatically lost economically because its such a high time investement.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
There is no need for one other resurrecting pet mechanic in this game. Necromancy already covers that.

All they have to do is re-introduce the automatic pet levelling service at the stable, just like it was in MO1. You could stable pets and pay gold to have them levelled while they were being stored. It was slower than normal levelling but it would continue even while offline. It was great for pets and mounts alike. This current afk dummy training system is retarded.
This, this is the way. We need this asap.

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020

I'm probably biased here but even going back to mo1, i never liked the stable leveling mechanic.

It undermines tamers and the value of animal care. I get it, nobody likes having to spend hours leveling their horse but I like having that as a niche that players can fill, similar to scribing.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I'm probably biased here but even going back to mo1, i never liked the stable leveling mechanic.

It undermines tamers and the value of animal care. I get it, nobody likes having to spend hours leveling their horse but I like having that as a niche that players can fill, similar to scribing.
Tamers still have to go and get pets. Not everyone has space for taming in their build. It is true that high level pets will be cheaper because anyone will be able to level anything to max but most people will still have to buy them. So pets will be cheaper but you will sell more because they are cheaper.

Also beast masters and fighting tamers wont be so butt hurt when their max level pet gets killed because levelling a new one will be easy.

Removing needless boring time sinks is a win for everyone. You just worrying about your bottom line or the fact that others will be able to have high level pets too is just selfish.