Social Crediting System in MO

ChonoKhan

Nov 17, 2020
What if there was a social crediting system in MO?

We already have the Blue Shield (neutral) and Red Shield (Murderer) which depicts the Civilian/Good and Criminal/Bad.

But if we had a Social Crediting system on each character, that grants them a certain amount of points for rendering service, growing the "blue shield" with some kind of cosmetic to show their achievements.

The points would be without limit and you could keep raking them up, until you decide to exchange them for certain items... perhaps based on SC[Social Credit] Level. Murder counts would decrease your level and a significant loss of points.

Lets say you have a SC Level of 10, you kill 5 people, which makes you a Murderer (red). Lets also say that the Murder Count timer is 120 minutes (2 hours). You killed 5 people, your SC Level is now 0 or negative but your MC Timer is now reduced by 50%. You now only have to wait 5 hours to burn off all 5 kills instead of 10 hours.

OR

If you raked up a bloody tally of kills... 100 murders but you want to change. By rendering service to the SC system (killing Risars, bandits, megnatons, ratmen, etc) you can slowly build redemption and become blue again, after all...

"The greatest hero is not one born from wealth and honour, but one who turns away from the path of darkness and embraces the light" - Some dead guy.

Perhaps other things like Bounty hunting, Grey Killing and killing other reds will also grant positive SC points.

What about the rewards? For being a good boiiiiii you should get good stuff! People become RPKers/Reds because its fun and profitable. What if we made it more enticing to be blue? What if we rewarded people for being Decent Players, instead of promoting the arsehole behaviour of "kill whatever you see cuz fun".

I think rewards should be based on material gains, like weapons, armour, pouches of gold and silver... perhaps horse armours and books? Naturally the requirements for points should be demanding, otherwise this would ruin the player economy.

Maybe you get 1 point for killing a Grey... but require 5000 points to exchange for a steel sword and so forth.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I've had similar ideas myself but there's always gonna be some way to game the system.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I've had similar ideas myself but there's always gonna be some way to game the system.
It really just kind of becomes a point of where we're willing to accept the system gaming types who really just ruin the game for themselves for the sake of enticing the players who want it as it is.