Putzins Zeal and Godkin's Zeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
THREAD SUMMARY
_______

So as is well known in the community at this point there are two Zeals. Putzin's Zeal and a Zeal lead by Godkin which played Mortal Online 1. Putzin's Zeal’s name is derived from the fact he leads a gaming community known as Zealots. This is a name the community has held for years before he played MO and has nothing to do with Mortal Online. The other Zeal is of course the Zeal that came from Mortal Online 1. At the time of choosing our tag, Putzin was unaware they were planning to play MO2.

However, the story is presented by the other Zeal is that we stole their name with the malicious intent to pass ourselves off as them and hijack their roleplay. I have spoken with a representative of Godkin’s Zeal and heard his side of the story on this matter:

unknown.png

I’d like to address both points. First, the idea that Putzin stole the name looking to cash in on Zeal’s rep. I cannot confirm the existence of his Zealot community in his time before MO1 but I can confirm he did not at any point try to convince to any of us that his Zeal is the same Zeal as MO1. In fact, he was very clear on the point that it was not. Putzin never even joined Zeal, he simply spent some time sparring with them but left it because they were too RP oriented for him. But thinking they would not be making a return to MO2, or that they had been a big enough deal people would care about the similar tag, he wanted to use the tag he’d be using from other games pre-dating his brief time hanging out with Zeal in MO1.

As far as the idea he has been attempting to steal Zeal’s backstory and roleplay, I can personally confirm this allegation is entirely false. I can confirm it because I wrote Zeal’s backstory myself. Not only did I do it, I did so with no prodding because I like the idea of our guild having a backstory and a place in lore. Putzin felt it may feel “too RP” and has been somewhat resistant to the idea the guild should have any RP backstory or even a name that sounds “too RP”. I’ve been prodding him along to convince him having light RP elements like a backstory won’t detract from players who have no interest in RP. As far as I am concerned this entirely clears Putzin of any assertion he wants to steal another guild’s RP.

Our Offer to The Godkin’s Zeal

Many of us feel if Godkin’s Zeal ran with that name in MO1 that does give them more claim to it, and we would be happy to resolve this in a reasonable manner, setting aside the name and choosing a new name for the Zealot’s community to use in Mortal Online 2.

However, we’re less than pleased about the methods that the other Zeal has been attempting to use against us. While some of their story may have foundations of truth it also contains a lot of very colorful embellishment of facts. Enough embellishment we feel they constitute slander on certain points. Especially when our members have been being contacted in-game and on Discord to be told this false version of events.

At this point simply letting you have your tag feels like a weak move. A reward for slander and aggression. Even so, we are not unreasonable. If you will admit to the fact your constructed story contains elements that are made up to make us seem like villains when we are not, then you can have your name back. We will pick something else and that will be the end of it.

Last edited:

HentaiKing

Jul 9, 2020
This has happened in MO before. Let me tell you how this works.

All you have to do is win ONE fight with the zeal tag, and you're the real zeal. That's all there is to it.

Does godkin even log in? It's not like you're trying to take a major's tag.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
The difference is, people know who Godkin is; whilst Putzin is just an unfunny hack.

Did Godkin make an impact on MO1?

No, but I'd rather have someone like Godkin who brings a group and idea that is vastly different from the typical bullshit guilds that crop up.

I can remember when there was still a-rpk guilds, actual politics flourishing, and people holding different moral standings in the game.

Then it just devolved into this weird melting pot of guilds merging into a single group and walling things off and sieging anyone against them. Server slipped into a consistent two sided conflict until the main group quit or got smacked by a bigger melting pot then the timer began to tick for the next big group.

Point being, Putzin and his members have expressed very clearly they are just a normal guild that is no different from the other guilds in MO1 or MO2. They bring nothing new, nothing unique. Nothing at all.

Godkin's ZEAL? It does bring something unique. They stick to their RP, even if a lot of you find it silly / pointless. It adds a dynamic experience to a sandbox game like Mortal. Vets of MO1 can tell you right now ZEAL wasn't some hotshot PvP group, or heavy PvE contenders. But you know the one story a lot of people usually share with interactions with ZEAL?

They're by themselves, no help around and thinking they are alone; then suddenly a small group of ZEAL roll up on them yelling repent and die heathen and get rode down and die. That's unique.

I was apart of ZEAL at one point, and while I didn't see eye to eye with Godkin - His guild presents an environment for a different, outcast-like playstyle that puts you on edge with everyone whilst retaining this sort of pseudo-religious motive of adhering to the Gods of Nave while cleansing it of the filth little by little.

But if we're going to debate specifics. Godkin should get the guild name if it really came down to a decision, he put in the time and made the name what it is in MO1. He was the original. Sorry for the other group that just had a 'similar name', but there is history that came before you. It's just like names.

Everyone knows damn well if you had someone like Viknuss have his name taken, they'd probably just ban whoever took it so he could get it back; and I feel it should be no different in this situation even if it's a group.

But, I will say this. This is with the idea that guild stones can be destroyed in MO2, if Putzin got the stone first or Godkin got the stone first; if one or the other could destroy the others stone and claim the name for themselves - I'd see no problem with that personally. But if we're going to be following the last iteration of guild stones from MO1 where guilds don't get destroyed, Godkin should have the right to the name.

If they can fight over it though, I will personally spend time helping Godkin even if he wouldn't accept it so he could have his guild name back. That just means beating on a guild I already don't care for so that's no problem for me.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Oh, side note.

I don't really recall Godkin's group ever claiming you guys 'stole' or 'taken' the name. That was me saying that, because Putzin's group in my eyes did. Now maybe there was other conversations / dialogues that took place before this, but I'm the one that was slinging dirt.

I'm a dirt slinger, what can I say?

Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Apparently, you say quite a lot. You just said 16 paragraphs across two posts though your long, pointless, rambling attack against Legion still takes the cake I think. Our guild isn't unique and special enough for you. Got it. I don't care. I feel no need to defend the uniqueness of our guild to the likes of you. I hardly see how any of this is relevant to the offer we've made to Godkin's group.

Reactions: JourdainDeSullivan

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Oh, side note.

I don't really recall Godkin's group ever claiming you guys 'stole' or 'taken' the name. That was me saying that, because Putzin's group in my eyes did. Now maybe there was other conversations / dialogues that took place before this, but I'm the one that was slinging dirt.

I'm a dirt slinger, what can I say?

Are you still obsessing about me since I called your guild bad and neglected? Yikes.

Handsome and Sensitive.

Reactions: JourdainDeSullivan

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I’d like to address both points. First, the idea that Putzin stole the name looking to cash in on Zeal’s rep. I cannot confirm the existence of his Zealot community in his time before MO1 but I can confirm he did not at any point try to convince to any of us that his Zeal
I couldn't get past this, why would Putzin trying to convince you of something or not be relevant information, and so much that you lead with that.

Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I couldn't get past this, why would Putzin trying to convince you of something or not be relevant information, and so much that you lead with that.

So far none of the information I've received from Putzin is anything I have reason to believe is false. However, given Eldrath told me Putzin stole their roleplay when Putzin is not a roleplayer and I personally wrote our guild's backstory... that is information I know for a fact to be false.

So I believe Putzin when he says he's been using the name for his community predating MO1. It is a claim you either have to take his word or not take his word at though. I won't pretend I know it to be fact when that is not the case. I can only say I believe it, and it does make his position more understandable to me.

Or if you're referring to the fact he did not try to convince me we were the MO1 Zeal, and instead made very clear that was not the case I believe this directly contradicts Eldrath's statement that Putzin wants to "take credit for their work." Putzin has never tried to pass this guild off as the Zeal from MO1.

Last edited:

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Interesting perspective of recent and past events...

Our Offer to The Godkin’s Zeal

Many of us feel if Godkin’s Zeal ran with that name in MO1 that does give them more claim to it, and we would be happy to resolve this in a reasonable manner, setting aside the name and choosing a new name for the Zealot’s community to use in Mortal Online 2.

However, we’re less than pleased about the methods that the other Zeal has been attempting to use against us. While some of their story may have foundations of truth it also contains a lot of very colorful embellishment of facts. Enough embellishment we feel they constitute slander on certain points. Especially when our members have been being contacted in-game and on Discord to be told this false version of events.

At this point simply letting you have your tag feels like a weak move. A reward for slander and aggression. Even so, we are not unreasonable. If you will admit to the fact your constructed story contains elements that are made up to make us seem like villains when we are not, then you can have your name back. We will pick something else and that will be the end of it.

What is a Zealot, Kaemik? What is in a name that signifies a love so deep that one would risk everything? That one would sacrifice "making a splash" or succeeding in some conflict, or acquiring some treat to remain true to the gods' path. What kind of mortal would take a precious life and forfeit one's own solely to feel the love of the gods? Is that "reasonable"? I am not reasonable. We are not reasonable. Mechanics, stones, tags, and titles do not make the man, or true Zealots. Nave has known many faiths, some have claimed to be Zealots. They don't last long. Aside from all the past and recent events, consider the name does not suit you and your group. I believe many are attempting to suggest that to you, in their own way. Perhaps a short brainstorming session would provide a more suitable alternative.

To your offer, I can sympathize with your position, it seems you were not a party to this effort and are joining late, attempting to make sense of it all and move on. If Putzin/Jorun/Brogarn of [RAIN] was not an unrepentant liar, imposter, and oathbreaker, I may take this at more than face value. At this moment, I'm more curious how you feel while reading this. Does it bring you peace or pain? What makes you suffer? When have you felt fulfilled in Nave? If you'd like to continue to share your thoughts in a less public forum, I welcome you to visit our website elavamavale.com and register. We have a section for heathens.

There is not a single sentence that has been written or spoken about your group by myself or other Zealots that is not truth. There are many perspectives but one truth. If the truth casts upon you a villainous light, do not blame the light. Repent. If you are unsure how, we can teach you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.