Put the time in to add functionality to help big streamers advertise the game on release.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Add the possibility to whitelist accounts so you can whitelist big streamers on persistence, instead of them sitting in Q for 6 hours as Asmongold did during the first stress test.

Add the possibility to boost account skill gains by like 100x or 1000x. No streamer will put in the effort to max out a character on persistence, and most if not all content is gated behind maxed characters. We all know that the new player experience is garbage. Maybe just hand out special accounts to streamers that last 1 week and have maxed stats etc.

Big streamers playing the game on release is probably the single best advertisement that the game can receive and I think it should be taken advantage of.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I agree with the concept of the idea except that it's a double edged sword, but I suppose any publicity is good publicity?

What I mean is, a lot of people who sit and watch streamers usually don't have anything else better to do. Otherwise why watch someone play unless they are just beyond entertaining. They'll judge MO2 pretty harshly, with typically some legitimate criticism.

I just don't know if it would be wise. Indifferent on it honestly.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
They do not have the team, structure, server space, or plans to facilitate as many players as you might want. The world is too small and there is only one mega server. Unless they make more servers they will never be able to sustain higher populations of players.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I hate streamers and as I said before I love to see people pop up when I'm playing NBA 2k whose name is TTV___ or YT____, and it's like oh boy you're gonna be quitting or oh boy I hope your fans aren't watching. haha. The only time it's tough is when you are w/ randoms and they have a full group, kinda like MO. I dunno if I feel MO would benefit from streamers... it would benefit from COMMUNITY members streaming or making vids, and it has. But just bringing in big name streamers, nah. I want those people griefed out of the game, and I say that in the nicest way ;)

People who come in with a sense of entitlement, free accts, boosted... nah. Don't like that one bit. It takes way longer to spec a char in NBA 2k than it does in Mortal (unless you're going master alloys or some shit), to just spec a fighter, and plenty of people stream that w/o boosts. They might get a little currency w/ their free game, but they still have to grind up their skills and attribute caps, which is actually quite a grabass. It takes like 1 or 2 days to spec a fighter in MO.

And the only fun content those people would provide is getting dunked basically. If you're not an actual player, GTFO of the game... at least that's how I feel. But yea, those who are, stream freely! YT FREELY! ALL LUV. Let the game grow organically, trust the process. Some people will come in and start streaming. There are people streaming way worse games than MO lool.

Edit: and this game isn't ready to be big advertised yet... it doesn't need to be ON RELEASE imo. It will happen.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im all for special streamer accounts that let them have priority queuing