good or bad

• good

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Revan

May 24, 2022
Bounty Hunting stirred up my curiosity, and I just came back to the game after a year because of it. I used to be a bounty hunter in star wars galaxies and loved it, you could already be one, but now you can via game mechanics, so its an official profession via game mechanics. I think making more "official professions" via game mechanics would give players a reason to stay as they are too dumb to realize they can already do whatever they want. They need Non-RP reasurrance, in other words (The game UI itself) telling them they can be a certain profession, For their interest and satisfaction to be aroused.

MMO players are used to being told what to do (quests), so full freedom is like letting a child free at age 8, it wont know wtf to do. Profession Quests (just like Bounty Hunting) might give them the confidence needed to realize Nave is a true sandbox, similiar to SWG, or Skyrim, I think the Professions of SWG are what made it so popular, The difference is, in Mortal Online, there aren't any NPC's that give you jobs which reassure you, you are the profession you want to be.

which is why I think "Profession Quests" (Just like Bounty Hunting) can stimulate interest for players who always wanted to be that profession, just like I have interest for Bounty Hunting. Doing it in a "PvE" fashion, might give them the confidence, to one day upgarde to doing the same profession, but for another player, such as building a house in Tindrem if you are an engineer, you might then want more pay than the NPCs gives you in Tindrem, so you contact a guild once you have the confidence, (If a guild hasn't recruited you yet), difference is, you didn''t quit the game before the guild recruited you because you had something to do.

These videos are what made me come back over and over to SWG, Because I wanted to try each profession
:

NOTE! I am not talking about classes like SWG, but having Quests that pay you for using your skills, Such as:

1. Guarding Quests
    1. Getting paid Guard Tokens for doing HP damage on Bandits, Criminals, Murderers, and Thieves.
    2. NPC Thieves & Bandits appearing near your patrol.
    3. Contract would be started by talking to a Guard Captain once you reach faction reputation.
      1. Contract would end if you leave town, craft, anything logical
      2. Ofcourse mechanics would need to be thought out for non exploitation
  2. Engineer Quests
    1. Getting paid Engineer Tokens for constructing NPC Houses which would be unbuilt after a couple hours. Maybe in towns.
  3. Smuggling Quests
    1. Smuggler Tokens after successfuly delivering illegal items to specified NPCs in towns.
  4. Thievery Quests
  5. Crafting Quests
    1. It will not ruin economy as it can only be low quality items for beginner money. You would always earn more selling to players, quite the opposite, it will help the economy as it will help and teach new players without pushing them to deal with other player so quickly.
  6. Transportation Quests

There are so much more professions that can be added, It won't make Mortal Online any less sandbox, it will increase the sand by retaining more players by holding their hand. You don't know how dumb people can be. If we expect all our players to be hardcore survivalists, MO2 will not grow.

for the hardcore survivalist & fellow pvpers reading, yes, we can still gank them doing these quests. But atleast they feel like they have variety moving forward, instead of going back to the graveyard to kill zombies, which make them uninstall, removing your next meal.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think crafting quests could be particularly good for cooks. Like it tells you to make a dish using a few specific ingredients at over a certain % of the total dish, (But you're also allowed to add more ingredients) with over a certain value in different stats and deliver X units back to the task vendor. The game has like five bazillion ingredients but only so many useful food combinations currently.

Would definitely be cook to see things like "Create a dish with at least 50% springbok carcass and 30% Gherkin with a stamina and mana nourishment over 30"

Reactions: Revan