Pre necromancy spells expected results

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
I've play MO1 and noticed some spells didn't work the way I initially thought which led me to reporting them as bugs and never seeing a change after many years. I would assume that meant they were working as intended but still it didn't make sense to me how. So I'd like to see what kinds of interactions other players expect from the text of the spells. Since these aren't in MO2 yet hopefully the devs can take some of these into consideration and test if they work the way majority thinks it makes sense.

Necromancy Spells
Raise Walker
Raise Greater Walker
Raise Strong Walker
Control Undead – Take control of and Undead.
Command Undead – When cast on a target all undead you control will attack the target.
Benumb Mind – Break the targets concentration reducing mana regen and blocks creature from using magic.
Atrophy – Fill the targets lungs with black smoke reducing its stamina regen and decreases creatures movement speed.
Death Hand – Drains health from your target and heals yourself.
Cloud of Ashes – Summon a black sphere that blinds and slightly damages whoever is in it.
Miasma – Summon a thick poisonous smoke that damages any target within its area.
Akh Bond – Connect you akh with the akh of a pet. Part of the damage dealt to you will be dealt to the pet instead.
Blind – Blind your target.
Mental Leech – Drains mana from your target and replenishes your own.
Sacrificial Heal – Sacrifice all undead under your control to heal the target.
Auw Surge – Spirits flies straight forward from the caster and damages any target it flies through.
Crawling Hands – Move all loot in an area around you close to the target.
Sacrificial Eruption – All undead you control around the target will explode and deal damage.

The main spells I'd like to bring attention to are Atrophy and Mental Leech.
Atrophy – Fill the targets lungs with black smoke reducing its stamina regen and decreases creatures movement speed.
If the target is a player then their stamina regen should be reduced.
If the target is a pet horse then their stamina regen should be reduced AND it should move slower.
If the target is a wild creature then they don't appear to have a stamina system so they should just move slower. This can easily be tested by attempting to tame a horse with low skills and it runs away. If they run the same speed when you cast Atrophy on them as they do without then I wouldn't consider this working as intended.

Mental Leech – Drains mana from your target and replenishes your own.
If the target is a player then drain mana.
Now comes the question of when a NPC casts a spell does the NPC have mana? I expect it does.
If the target is a NPC that casts spells therefore should have mana (Bandit Caster, Bandit Healer, Gravekeeper should be some of the current NPCs this applies to) then drain their mana. I also expect it would be possible when enough mana has been drained from the NPC then the NPC can no longer cast until it regens and this is probably the main interaction I think wouldn't work but it would make sense for it to work.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Probably just them not fully implementing spells. For a long time half of the skills and in MO2 didn't even do anything. They just add stuff and figure they'll add it eventually

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
PvE casters certainly don't have mana, or then it is set to positive infinity. I also love how most of their spells are combined with corruption, no matter what hits you you always also get corrupted. Such bs overall, but yeah, expect these not working as intended for a long time.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Don't hype bout necro it's probably gonna be placeholder guys. But hey Henrique was making zombies explote on last stream :S

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
If Tupilaks, Shades, Death Knights, and Death Steeds are going to be part of this patch then I think they should do a pet pathing workaround and just make every pet float and just follow whatever path the player takes. It's not going to be fun losing a necro summon because it couldn't cross a body of water that is walkable (thinking specifically of some spots on the jungle beaches). Especially if a shade that floats can't float across water.