Poll: combat mechanic

New Combat mechanic to solve it all, yes or no?

• Yes

• I dont know

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ValhallaRider

May 28, 2021
To end the parry counter parry loop wich is boring...

Explanations:

Parry delay between each parries (succesfull or not) of like 0.5sec-2sec depending on weapon weight.

Delay between swing/parry so that you cant cancel your swing with a parry (only with feint) and add a delay between feint/parry to balance that so you cant spam feint either or get punished.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There isnt a parry loop if you can feint or morph. Quick attacks did help get pass parries as well but they called them spam attacks and nerf for no reason.

Reactions: Snasen

ValhallaRider

May 28, 2021
I hope they can come up with something other than delays, which feel really awkward.

Yeah hope they fail again like mo1 then wonder why. Keep spining like a copter to try lure your opponent, AWESOME gameplay/skill.

This suggestion opens up many possibilites for a more skill based combat gameplay if you try to even think about it.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yeah hope they fail again like mo1 then wonder why. Keep spining like a copter to try lure your opponent, AWESOME gameplay/skill.

This suggestion opens up many possibilites for a more skill based combat gameplay if you try to even think about it.
It wasn't the combat that caused mo1 to fail. Not even close.

Reactions: Valoran and Bicorps

Snasen

May 28, 2020
There isnt a parry loop if you can feint or morph. Quick attacks did help get pass parries as well but they called them spam attacks and nerf for no reason.
This is also how I feel about this. Quick, low charged attacks were able to get around parries and deal low chip damage and forced the 1v1 situation to develop further than just a parryfest back and forth which was the most common complaint about 1v1 since alpha iirc.

It was useless in team fights anyway, but made 1v1s actually speed up and reach higher skill ceilings. The speed alone was easy to parry, but when combined with being tricky you could get around a strong defense now and then

Too bad they already removed it after just adding it as I felt like we had a lot of unexplored meta within the mechanic when it comes to 1v1s. I don’t understand why it would be removed especially so soon without letting players have time to develop it and find counterplay vs each other.

Now we have attacking speeds where only parry counters has the potential to be quick enough to get around someones parry, similar to the alpha. For experienced players, the quickest possible strikes with noticeable damage are now too slow for 1v1s and players has even time to readjust their block at least once if they happen to parry wrong (within 150 ping+) And then I see this forum thread about parry loops the very next day.

I hope Star Vault considers to think this one over. Otherwise I feel that combat balance is on the right track.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElPerro and Tzone

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Hilariously, even if you use footwork to make someone miss their swing so you can punish, your attack on them will still deal half damage from their counter that they already launched and missed.

ZVNII

Jun 17, 2021
Remind me again what was wrong with the first combat tweak that made combat fluid, fast, dynamic, IMPACTFUT and brought some heavy materials and weapon blue prints, that were considered unplayable back into the mix, as well as having light weapons enable flurry mechanics.
From what i have been exposed to outside of my "community" everyone liked it. What did i miss?

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Remind me again what was wrong with the first combat tweak that made combat fluid, fast, dynamic, IMPACTFUT and brought some heavy materials and weapon blue prints, that were considered unplayable back into the mix, as well as having light weapons enable flurry mechanics.
From what i have been exposed to outside of my "community" everyone liked it. What did i miss?
I do not play melee, but everyone that I spoke to liked it back then. Everyone except MO2 discord where people were complaining without even bothering to test it out mostly. And the people liking it were NA players and not just the east coast so ping wasn't really an issue for them.

Reactions: Snasen

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I do not play melee, but everyone that I spoke to liked it back then. Everyone except MO2 discord where people were complaining without even bothering to test it out mostly. And the people liking it were NA players and not just the east coast so ping wasn't really an issue for them.
It wasn't even the discord, it one one group of players who couldn't explain why it was bad and were being criticized by most of the discord.
NA players was saying it was better for NA, but the group that didnt like it was NA and tried to say it was bad for NA with out evidence.

All they did was parrot one other person and insulted people because they couldn't back up their claims. Yet the most approved of change to combat was partially nerfed for a vocal few that had no argument only insults.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
It was mostly Legion and "pro" alpha duelers who were on the test server and suddenly losing duels that cried so hard they had to do an emergency hotfix the next day like the game was broken and unplayable lol

Reactions: ZVNII and Tzone

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It was mostly Legion and "pro" alpha duelers who were on the test server and suddenly losing duels that cried so hard they had to do an emergency hotfix the next day like the game was broken and unplayable lol
Both things were fine before patch. The dmg and the length of the miss crap

Reactions: Tzone