Player City Vendors Need Adjustable Tax Rates That Generate The Owners Income

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Otherwise what's the point in placing and defending these structures?

I've heard rumors this is how its going to work but I've never heard it from SV themselves. Owners need the ability to set tax rates so they can earn an income on people using their guarded town's vendors. People will be happy to pay this tax to not have to haul their mats to a far away official city.

Ways a player city could generate gold for the city owners:

When you sell mats to a vendor after a hunt a portion (or tax %) of that money the player would have got automatically goes to a collection tab that only the city owner can open and withdraw. Maybe the city owner wants 1% maybe they want 20%.

Also I suggest a fee for every bank slot deposit. Again, maybe the owner wants 1 silver per deposit or maybe 20, its up to the owner to set this price. A well protected city in a good location I assume could collect more for their conveniences and protections.

Again this fee could be put on the stables as well, currently we pay 1 silver to stable a pet but this should be the city owners decision and the city owner should be collecting this fee.

Basic vendor items should also have an adjustable tax rate applied that the city owners can collect for the items sold.

A system like this is going to generate more and meaningful PVP as people battle it out for the area's that are most profitable. A system like this is also going to give incentives for the city owners (or guilds) to protect those within their territories as they are generating them a tax income. A system like this will welcome travelers in their territories.

For those that have played EVE you understand these concepts and know how well they work to drive the markets there. Let's hope SV is able to deliver something like this.

What other ideas do you guys have that could be implemented into player owned cities to generate income for the owners?

Last edited:

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Stream today showed many of the city buildings that player towns will be able to build, looks like we're getting close. Here's to hoping MO2 gets an awesome tax system. 🙏

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I also think that the Vendors should not buy unlimited materials or not all Materials, so it still make sense to make transports. Otherwise it would be game changing in a negative way. We need trade runs and that thrill. This makes the game fun.

oldeurope

Sep 7, 2021
I also think that the Vendors should not buy unlimited materials or not all Materials, so it still make sense to make transports. Otherwise it would be game changing in a negative way. We need trade runs and that thrill. This makes the game fun.
Thats exactly what hendrik mentioned in his stream...

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Maybe the npcs could only sell what is sold to them and adjust the buy and sell prices based on current supply?

This could lead to placed npcs adjusting to the resources available in the region.

It also could open the door more for players to trade between different locations for profit.

Its not directly for the owners but making it worth wild for players to trade between cities would be good for everyone.